PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Z Pack and Joe

canoe
06-28-2014, 11:48
Just wanted to give a thank you to Joe For making my tent and getting it to me when you promised. I got the hexamid triplex. This is a much tougher tent than I was expecting. This tent is much easier to set up than I could have imagined. This is a great tent. Lots of room. I have never used an ultra lite tent before. I was not sure about it. All I knew was I needed to get rid of the 6lb tent I was carrying. I think I made a good choice. Thanks again Joe for delivering on time for my trip. You guys are great and make a great product.

bigcranky
06-28-2014, 20:25
I got my Hexamid Twin a week ahead of their promised delivery date. Nice tent, and I can't believe something that light will sleep two people :)

colorado_rob
06-28-2014, 23:45
+1 on these comments. Got my Hexamid solo+ ahead of date, been using it since, about 30 nights so far. 16 ounces, tons of room, what could be better?

Studlintsean
06-29-2014, 14:42
I got my Hexamid Twin a week ahead of their promised delivery date. Nice tent, and I can't believe something that light will sleep two people :)

Curious if the hexamid twin would fit two plus a large (80 lb Pit bull) dog? Thanks in advance.

Goonky
06-29-2014, 18:14
Curious if the hexamid twin would fit two plus a large (80 lb Pit bull) dog? Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure. I got the hexamid twin because I hike with my 60 pound dog. There's plenty of room for the two of us, but another person would be tight IMO. He'd likely be at the bottom curled in a ball all the time and even that's questionable.

I might go with the triplex in that case.

canoe
06-29-2014, 19:43
The triplex has plenty of space for two pepes and a large dog and your packs inside. Not to mention the two huge vestables. The cost and weight increase are minimal in my opinion.

MuddyWaters
06-29-2014, 20:47
Joe would get the thank you better with an email, as compared to a post here.

canoe
06-29-2014, 21:47
Joe would get the thank you better with an email, as compared to a post here.
Sent him one three days ago. But I also think a public thank you goes a long way too. With so many folks putting people down I find it important, when someone does a good job to let them know on a public forum. Thanks for your concern muddy

Firefighter503
06-30-2014, 07:47
I, too, received my Hexamid Solo with plenty of time to spare in preparation a trip back in 2012 (he even sent it to me in Afghanistan). I won't hesitate to order from them again if/when I need a new tent, and I will likely make my next pack purchase from him as well (probably years down the line, as I really like my Ohm 2.0).

colorado_rob
06-30-2014, 08:43
Joe would get the thank you better with an email, as compared to a post here. As canoe said, Thanking him publicly on here is way better, IMHO. Advertising seems like the best way to say thanks.

BTW: I recently ordered and got that cuben fiber pack cover. Sa-weet! Barely over an ounce, fits my larger pack, saves four more ounces out of my kit. thanks again for the great products!

bigcranky
06-30-2014, 09:10

No, I don't think so. It's reasonably large for two people, with some room at the foot end for some gear, but there is no real vestibule and only one door. The two of us take up all the inside room. Compared to our SMD Lunar Duo it's quite cramped (but it's half the weight, which makes a difference on a longer hike.)