PDA

View Full Version : Hike plan?

survivalisthiker
07-01-2014, 00:43
Ok so me and my buddy got off of work for three days, what is a good hike routine we can do in the maryland part that would make us hike back to our vehicle on the third day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ktaadn
07-01-2014, 09:17
I did a hike once where I parked on the northern side of the bridge that crosses I-70. I hiked south from there, hiked north the next day(past my car) and then got up on the third morning and hiked south back to my car.

Day
Distance
Total
Start
End
Notes

Friday
US 40 Parking Lot
Rocky Run Shelter
Hiking South

Saturday
Rocky Run Shelter
Raven Rock Shelter
Hiking North

Sunday
Raven Rock Shelter
US 40 Parking Lot
Hiking South

Obviously, if you have two guys and two cars, you can just park one car at the end and drive the other car back to the beginning to start. I didn't think that retracing my steps was that bad though. It is interesting how some things look completly different when you hike up to them from the other direction.

BuckeyeBill
07-01-2014, 09:50
Since you could have two cars, park one at the Maryland Pennsylvania border, then drive to Harper's Ferry W.V. You then have about a 40-41 mile hike to the second car. About 13.3-13,6 miles per day. Drive back to Harper's Ferry and pick up your other car.

survivalisthiker
07-01-2014, 14:51
I would hike about 13 miles a day, it's just my friend hasn't hiked in years so he will be alow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BuckeyeBill
07-01-2014, 20:12
When you think about it, if you got started at 7 am and took 2 hours worth of breaks, at one mile per hour you would be don at 10 or 10:30. I'll bet your friend could maintain a mile and a half per hour pace perhaps even 2. I just checked my book and it is 40.9 miles and the profile shows no major peaks to climb just a lot of PUDS.