PDA

View Full Version : March 2015 take off. Looking for company.

woozy
07-02-2014, 09:49
Hi,

I'm planning on leaving somewhere around March 23ish 2015 from Springer. I'm currently going alone but recently realized i do like to Hike with good company whenever possible. If anyone is interested In starting together let me know. We don't have to stay together either but would be nice to have someone to start with. :) I'm From Southern Vermont and do as much hiking as i can. I'll be doing the Long trail starting Sept 20th this year and that should take me about 20 days. If anyone wants to join me there that could be fun as well. Going to be headed North on that. I'm interested in meeting and hiking with anyone in the area as i love all areas of hiking and just can't get enough.

Mat

sfdoc
07-02-2014, 18:54
I'm planning to hike The Long Trail starting somewhere around 9/15 ( maybe a few days earlier or later). I also plan on hiking the AT starting in March of 2015, probably a week or so earlier than you. If we meet, we can hike together until you want to pass (i'm 70). See you on the trail. I have no trail name yet. Just ask for Carl.

Gambit McCrae
07-03-2014, 09:22
Dont worry youll have plenty.... lol

SwampRanger
07-03-2014, 10:00
Good Morning, my name is "Swamp Ranger", I am also planning to depart Springer Mountain about the same time frame. I'm from Crestview, Florida. My name is Chuck Bowler, my email address is: [email protected], I am also looking a hiking partner to complete the thru hike. I'll be 59/60 during the hike.

fireemt
07-03-2014, 11:16
Woozy

Happy 4th I'm planning a 25 March departure from springer. I live in New Hampshire just east of Hanover
my email is [email protected]

Ice-fie

rafe
07-03-2014, 11:24
Woozy, welcome to Whiteblaze. Don't worry about company -- you'll have plenty of it, with a March 23 start date. It's a common question and concern, with an easy answer. Every year a good 2000+ thru hiker wannabees start at Springer, over the span of maybe six weeks or so. Mid-March is pretty much peak season for starting.

ogfergie
07-09-2014, 18:24
Hello Woozy, I am from San Antonio, TX. How exactly do hikers get to Springer from Georgia Airport and what airport most convenient? I would love to hike AT but whole idea of getting to trail head and out of AT to airport overwhelms me. I would appreciate learning about logistics to get started. Olga