PDA

View Full Version : Going price for The One?

Lyle
07-05-2014, 20:38
I was wondering if anyone knows what the going price is for a Gossemer Gear The One?

I have one of the first generation, still in great shape with one tiny defect that has a simple work-around - nothing that compromises weather or bug protection. I really like this tent, but I just ordered a Hexamid Solo plus today to cut my weight down and to give CF a try. I'm also very recently retired, and working on reducing inventory in all my addictions - backpacking and photography. Taking some baby steps toward minimalism.

Anyway, I like it enough that I'll hold off selling it if I can't get a halfway decent price for it, but haven't really found any sales posted on ebay or here recently. I know there is sometimes a flurry of folks looking for one, and GG no longer makes them. I just don't really know what price to even start off at. I know my minimum that I would even consider it worthwhile to sell. Anyone have knowledge of recent sales?

MuddyWaters
07-05-2014, 21:31
An UNUSED one in new condition sold on ebay for about $300 a few months ago.

Its pretty normal to get $150-175, and some have gone for $200-250 to the right buyer.

Its a sought after shelter for the PCT by those that dont want to pop for cuben. Ive got one and its a little quirky pitch but a very storm worthy design. Mine has heavy sealing and weighs 18oz in the stuffsak. Not bad.

Lyle
07-05-2014, 21:43
Thanks, I'll be thinking it over. Hard to give up something that you know you can't replace easily. :)

Venchka
07-06-2014, 08:32
Thanks, I'll be thinking it over. Hard to give up something that you know you can't replace easily. :)

Agreed. I will not sell my Garuda Atman tent for that reason.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.