PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Hardwear customer service

centerfieldr162
07-08-2014, 11:42
Just wanted to share a good experience I had recently with Mountain Hardwear. My Fluid pack that I have used only a few times on daytrips had developed some wear in the mesh pocket where a water bottle had been traveling. I sent the pack in and got an email from them a few days later saying they could not repair the damage and would credit me the total amount of money I paid for the pack towards any MH product. Great, quick service in my book!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Cro-Mag
07-08-2014, 13:13
I always like threads like this. I work for a manufacturer (motion picture industry) and deal with customers a lot. Its always nice to see some positive words.

I am also a huge supporter of Mountain Hardwear. Every piece of gear I own from them lasts a long time. Worth every penny.

ScottTrip
07-08-2014, 13:27
Happy you had good service. I have a Mountain Hardware story that does not end as well.

centerfieldr162
07-08-2014, 13:34
Happy you had good service. I have a Mountain Hardware story that does not end as well.

I hate to hear that. I know there's good and bad with every company and their customer service. Not everybody ends up on the better end of the deal unfortunately

CenAZwalker
07-08-2014, 20:18
Which Fluid do you have? I've been eyeing the 12 for a small day pack.

Cookerhiker
07-08-2014, 20:43
My Mountain Hardwear tent was purchased in 2007 for my Long Trail thruhike. 4 years later in Colorado, it developed a half-dollar-sized hole. The company made good on their warranty by offering a steep discount on a replacement tent which I've used ever since.

centerfieldr162
07-08-2014, 22:57
Which Fluid do you have? I've been eyeing the 12 for a small day pack.

It was the Fluid 18. Great, comfortable pack. Used a 2 liter hydration bladder in it and also stored my hammock, rain gear, food, additional water bottles, medicine, headlamp, and other accessories comfortably. Good for a day trip. I never went overnight with it