PDA

View Full Version : If it's too hot to hike....

The Cleaner
07-13-2014, 12:18
IDK about some hikers, but I just don't hike much here in the TN/NC area due to warm temps ,bugs, weeds and a few other things. Also I've just had foot surgery and can't do much but cyberhike anyway till Sept. when it cools a little and the trail clubs have at least cut some of the heavy annual growth. So for those looking for entertainment, you can check out the interesting posts on the Facebook page, Appalachian Trail Section Hikers. There's always something I find interesting, trip pics, trail /hike reports and controversial topics which many new to hiking manage to start posts on. As the rules are a little different there, it's a closed group but it's easy to be added by request. I just thought I'd bring this up since many use FB and it's easy to use and "family friendly" I tried to put this in the "Humor" forum but could not find a way to start it. Be sure to have some popcorn ready as things are "heating up" again there today. BTW I've not been able to get to Jerry's Cabin shelter for a clean up and would appreciate any WBers who may be going by the shelter to try and tidy up a little there. See you on the trail after Sept. 1st

Teacher & Snacktime
07-13-2014, 12:41
I can attest that it's a friendly site....2 of my favorite folks work on it. It's a wonderful supplement to WhiteBlaze!

Ricky&Jack
07-13-2014, 12:46
Im a member there. "Ricky Sanftner".

I've been posting there about an upcoming GA section group hike over Labor Day Weekend that me and a few other WB members are leading.

Great group.

Wise Old Owl
07-13-2014, 15:14
feels like 90 right now.

illabelle
07-13-2014, 15:28
IDK about some hikers, but I just don't hike much here in the TN/NC area due to warm temps ,bugs, weeds and a few other things. Also I've just had foot surgery and can't do much but cyberhike anyway till Sept. when it cools a little and the trail clubs have at least cut some of the heavy annual growth. So for those looking for entertainment, you can check out the interesting posts on the Facebook page, Appalachian Trail Section Hikers. There's always something I find interesting, trip pics, trail /hike reports and controversial topics which many new to hiking manage to start posts on. As the rules are a little different there, it's a closed group but it's easy to be added by request. I just thought I'd bring this up since many use FB and it's easy to use and "family friendly" I tried to put this in the "Humor" forum but could not find a way to start it. Be sure to have some popcorn ready as things are "heating up" again there today. BTW I've not been able to get to Jerry's Cabin shelter for a clean up and would appreciate any WBers who may be going by the shelter to try and tidy up a little there. See you on the trail after Sept. 1st

Okay, okay, I've resisted for quite a while, but finally joined the group. Just what I needed, another way to spend my time. :D