PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Experienced Female companion - from Mt. Katahdin south to Delaware Water Gap

Slim aka Nancy
07-15-2014, 20:37
Contact me at: [email protected]

I am a 6000+ miler on the Appalachian Trail. I am 67 and I hike between 2-3 miles per hour.

Beginning later this month I plan to hike south from Mt. Katahdin, Maine, the northern terminus of the A.T. then continue to Delaware Water Gap. A distance of appx 900 miles.

I am a serious hiker looking for a serious female hiking companion who loves the Trail- not the towns; the stars - not the bars. I hike between 15-20 miles per day depending on the terrain. In Maine and the Whites I may decrease to 10 -12 miles per day.

My Hiking History:
1. 2175 miles. I did a 10 yr section hike finishing at Katahdin (with my husband) from 1988 to 1998 ( A Job kept me from thru-hiking )

2. 700 miles. Took early retirement, and began a thru-hike in 2007 (with my husband) and made it to Catawba, VA when I got a call from my mother. She had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. I left the
Trail to care for her.

3. 2176 miles. In 2008 I hiked (with my husband) from Springer Mt. Georgia to Mt. Katahdin in Maine.

I want to close the 2007 hike this year. I've already hiked alone from Catawba, VA all the way to the New Jersey-PA state line.

I now have about 900 miles to finish the trail for the third time and would like to have a companion to share the fun.

If you love to hike I would be glad to hike with you from Katahdin to Pennsylvania. It will be fun.

I HIKE: THEREFORE I AM SLIM (of Bogey and Slim ) check our journeys on Trail Journals.com

Contact me at: [email protected]

Slim aka Nancy
11-08-2014, 18:24
Looking for a few female companions or just one to hike with from New Jersey to Mt Katahdin starting in June or July. Very Flexible.
Nancy aka Slim

iris8
07-31-2015, 10:46
I will be hiking Katahdin on Sunday August 9 and then head south close to Andover ME.
You are welcome to join me.

Susan Kettles "Iris"

wannahike
07-31-2015, 12:19
Susan, just so you're not waiting for an answer that was posted in 2014.

egilbe
08-02-2015, 10:56
I have to stifle a giggle everytime I see the thread title "Wanted: Experienced Woman...."

Freak on a Leash
08-09-2015, 23:39
Susan, just so you're not waiting for an answer that was posted in 2014.

I wonder if she ever found someone..;)