PDA

View Full Version : FS58 near Three Forks/Springer Mountain?

RockyTrail
10-04-2005, 15:54
Anybody know if FS58 between Three Forks and Doublehead Gap Road is still washed out? Wondering if anyone has personal experience with this road lately and if maybe it is up and running again...thanks.

There is a note on the "what's up" page of the bmta.org website that says:

"Forest Service Road 58 (near Springer Mountain) Closed Indefinitely FS 58, between Doublehead Road and FS 42 on the ridge to Springer Mountain, has been closed due to heavy rains earlier this Summer washing out portions of the road between Doublehead Road and Three Forks. It is reported that travel to Three Forks can still be made via FS 42 to the south. Toccoa Ranger District personnel are unsure of when the road will be repaired and reopened. (Thanks to George Owen for this report.)

max patch
10-04-2005, 16:39
Anybody know if FS58 between Three Forks and Doublehead Gap Road is still washed out? Wondering if anyone has personal experience with this road lately and if maybe it is up and running again...thanks.

I didn't actually drive as far as to where fs58 is washed out, although last weekend I drove fs58 south from fs42 as far as the road to hickory flatts cemetary and the road closed sign was still up at the fs58/fs42 intersection.

orangebug
10-04-2005, 16:51
I drove to Springer on FS42 from the south with no problems just 3 weeks ago.