PDA

View Full Version : Copyright question

Sassafras Lass
07-15-2014, 23:45
Hey y'all! I've been pretty AWOL, have had a lot of stuff going on, but happy to be back.

I just uploaded a photo to this site of Mt. Katahdin, and I noticed that it was slapped with a "© Whiteblaze.net". Which is certainly not the case, as the copyright remains with the image creator until it is sold - or unless agreed upon beforehand as a Work-for-Hire situation or some such thing. So . . . . is Whiteblaze.net assuming copyright ownership of photos that are posted here? They don't have a leg to stand on legally, but I'm surprised at the watermark since it's incorrect.

Teacher & Snacktime
07-16-2014, 00:02
You're free to delete your photos, which would not be the case if WB was trying to claim possession.

TNhiker
07-16-2014, 00:21
It's in the user agreement.......which you agreed to once ya signed up....

Copyright notice
All content posted on the message boards and gallery of WhiteBlaze are the exclusive intellectual property of WhiteBlaze and the poster. Copyright ownership resides in that content by WhiteBlaze and the poster. Anyone other than WhiteBlaze seeking to reprint, republish, or reproduce content posted on the WhiteBlaze message boards must receive the express written permission from the Webmaster of the WhiteBlaze forum in which the content was posted or the poster.

Sassafras Lass
07-16-2014, 01:37
Gotcha, thank you TNhiker.