PDA

View Full Version : Down Bag - Spot Cleaning

Jack-Leg
10-04-2005, 18:41
I did a search of the archives and was not able to find anything to help me out, so I thought I would post here.

I have a Jack Wolfskin down bag that had a 6 inch stain where one of my son's gummy bears fell between the bad and pad. During the night it became a nasty glob and I was able to pull off the big pieces but there is still a sticky area and I am not sure how to clean it.

The rest of the bag is fine and I don't want to wash the whole thing for just one spot, but what should I use to clean it? Someone suggested Goo Gone but I thought that might be too harsh. Any other ideas?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Roland
10-04-2005, 18:45
~~~
The rest of the bag is fine and I don't want to wash the whole thing for just one spot, but what should I use to clean it? Someone suggested Goo Gone but I thought that might be too harsh. Any other ideas?

Any help would be appreciated. :) I would try rubbing alcohol.

justusryans
10-04-2005, 19:00
Tec cleaner, you should be able to get it from a hardware store

Dances with Mice
10-04-2005, 19:06
Stick it in the freezer. The remainder will get rock hard, then take it out and scrape it off. Refreeze if necessary.

If you've already gotten off the big pieces and you're left with a sticky smear, that's mostly sugar. It's water soluble. Thaw the bag and lay a wet paper towel over the area, that will draw the sugar out. Might have to replace a couple of times.

Or flush the area with water. Air dry and fluff.

Jack-Leg
10-08-2005, 20:20
Thanks for the help! I was able to get all of it off.