PDA

View Full Version : GSMNP-Need to board Lab to do a day hike on saturday where to do so?

Gambit McCrae
07-18-2014, 08:45
I will be taking my lab with me this weekend and i know he cant go in the smokies so I need a babysitter/ kennel for about 4-5 hours saturday morning. Where is a good place that I could board him say in Gburg? I would drop him off around 9-hike clingmans to newfound gap and then go pick him up.

TNhiker
07-18-2014, 10:07
i would call the NOC and see what they recommend....

i dont have a dog, so i dont have to worry about it and never have really needed to find that info out in gatlinburg.......

or even call a walk in the woods----they may be able to point you in the right direction and/or since they are animal lovers themselves, do it for you....

PackHorse
07-18-2014, 11:08
I know Dollywood has a kennel facility. I don't know if it's open to outside ( non park ) guests. They are in Pigeon Forge. Otherwise your working within weekend kennel hours, that might not fit into your schedule. Make sure to take your vaccinations.

PackHorse
07-18-2014, 16:19
Lol... Just re - read that.... meant to say " take your dog's vaccination paperwork with you".

Ricky&Jack
07-18-2014, 16:36
they will board your dog.... and even shuttle them for you, if you want.

http://lovingcarekennels.com/

Ricky&Jack
07-18-2014, 16:40
$2 per hour.
$25 for the night.