PDA

View Full Version : 05 Gathering Schedule online now!

TJ aka Teej
10-04-2005, 22:54
http://www.aldha.org/newsletr/sked05.pdf
:banana

Jack Tarlin
10-04-2005, 23:16
Thanks for posting this, Teej.

I just want to take a moment and point out an error; in the capsule description of my planned talk for prospective hikers, I'm described as having more A.T. thru-hikes than anyone else.

This is, of course, incorrect.

It is widely acknowledged that Warren Doyle, of North Carolina, has more hikes of the entire A.T. than anyone else, and deserves to be recognized for this.

I will pass this along to the ALDHA website people, so that this error can hopefully be corrected.

Alligator
10-04-2005, 23:50
Make sure you tell them to capitalize entire. Dot the i cross the t etc.

Moxie00
10-05-2005, 08:50

I just want to take a moment and point out an error; in the capsule description of my planned talk for prospective hikers, I'm described as having more A.T. thru-hikes than anyone else.

It is widely acknowledged that Warren Doyle, of North Carolina, has more hikes of the entire A.T. than anyone else, and deserves to be recognized for this.

I will pass this along to the ALDHA website people, so that this error can hopefully be corrected.Yes Warren does have more and I compliment you on pointing out this fact. However I have been on the trail with both you and Warren and your thru hikes are much more colorful, entertaining and far more intresting. If you were ever to hike with van support I formerly offer to be your driver. I bet I could write three books after the hike.

Jack Tarlin
10-05-2005, 12:15
Be careful what you wish for!

Shutterbug
10-05-2005, 13:46
Jack, I know you didn't do it to be recognized, but your kindness didn't go unnoticed.

A few days ago, you and I camped at the Antlers Camp Site in the 100 mile wilderness. You were headed north and I was headed south. A few hours after we left camp, I saw Jesse Mae with her dog, Uncle Joe. She was also headed south and was behind schedule and running low on food. She told me that you shared some of your food with her. You sure gained my respect. Thanks for helping one who could have been in trouble. Your good deed didn't go unnoticed.

chomp
10-05-2005, 14:30
Ah, but Jack, you do hold the record for number of thru-hikes using the same t-shirt.

tioneon
10-06-2005, 13:59

I will pass this along to the ALDHA website people, so that this error can hopefully be corrected.

Yes, Warren has traversed the 2000 mile long trailway more times including his section hikes. But don't you two have the same number of THRU hikes?

Moxie00
10-06-2005, 20:22
Jack, I know you didn't do it to be recognized, but your kindness didn't go unnoticed.

A few days ago, you and I camped at the Antlers Camp Site in the 100 mile wilderness. You were headed north and I was headed south. A few hours after we left camp, I saw Jesse Mae with her dog, Uncle Joe. She was also headed south and was behind schedule and running low on food. She told me that you shared some of your food with her. You sure gained my respect. Thanks for helping one who could have been in trouble. Your good deed didn't go unnoticed.History repeats itself, again in the 100 mile wilderness. In 2000 I met a mother and daughter southbound and into their 10th day and still miles from Monson. They had run out of food and Baltimore Jack re-supplied them right there in the wilderness from his meager supply. Jack is a very generous trail friend to all.