PDA

View Full Version : Another Great Experience with ULA Backpacks....

colorado_rob
07-20-2014, 19:25
Since the ULA guy Chris has treated me so well, I have to promote his packs yet again; I've been using a ULA OHM 2.0 for a couple years and a couple thousand miles now, love the pack, use it all the time.

Anyway, one of the large hip-belt pocket zippers developed a slight stickiness in one area, makes it slightly harder to open, had to start using two hands for that zipper. I wrote to Chris at ULA, offered to buy a new hip belt (the two large zipper pockets are integral with the hip belt). He said "no way", meaning he'd send me a new assembly pronto, free. 3 days later (yesterday) a brand new hip belt & pockets showed up via priority mail.

Kudos for great ULA packs and customer service!

Thanks Chris.

Ricky&Jack
07-20-2014, 19:30
is it these people, from utah?
http://www.ula-equipment.com/

Or a different place?

DLP
07-20-2014, 19:35
is it these people, from utah?
http://www.ula-equipment.com/

Or a different place? That is it. I have a Catalyst and I love it!

Kerosene
07-21-2014, 11:21
I'm in the process of comparing the Ohm 2.0 against the zPacks ArcBlast. Different types of packs, but both have great products, service and support.

JumpMaster Blaster
07-21-2014, 18:14
I just bought a Catalyst 2 weeks ago from MRO in Damascus & I'm looking forward to getting it out on the trails.

Mags
07-21-2014, 20:18
The Catalyst has been workhorse pack (http://www.pmags.com/ula-catalyst-review) for "heavy hauling" and it has worked well. Well made, functional and light for what it does. I loaned it out recently for to my buddy's wife...now she wants one! :)

mak1277
07-23-2014, 08:19
I love my CDT for one/two night trips.

Lady Grey
07-23-2014, 15:42
I love my Catalyst and it worked well for me on my AT trek last year. Just purchased a CDT to use on the Tour du Mont Blanc hike I'll be doing with my daughter soon. I agree, awesome product and great customer service - thanks, Chris!

QHShowoman
07-23-2014, 15:58
I just bought a Catalyst because I needed something for my Chilkoot Trail trip that had space enough for my town clothes I will leave behind. I've worn it on a couple of shakedowns so far and love it. I forget I even have it on my back!

Coffee
07-23-2014, 17:27
I have around 700 miles on my Circuit and will be using it on my upcoming Colorado Trail thru hike. I just washed it today after taking the stay and suspension hoop out using a large front loading commercial dryer and air drying it. It looks almost brand new.

I also purchased a CDT early this year for a hut-to-hut hike in Switzerland that I ended up cancelling, so I also returned the CDT pack. I kind of regret doing that since it seemed like a great pack and I may end up buying it again someday if I do a hut to hut trip and desire something smaller than the Circuit.

Firefighter503
07-24-2014, 03:23
I own both a Catalyst and an Ohm 2.0, both of which have given me nothing but pleasure to wear. My brother has a Circuit and I believe his sentiments are the same. ULA definitely has a top notch product, and top notch service to go with it.

T-Rx
07-24-2014, 06:39
I love my Catalyst. Very comfortable and durable.

The Old Boot
07-24-2014, 10:04
I'm surprised more aren't using the ULA Epic.

I absolutely love it. I can switch out the size of the dry bags depending on what and where I'm going.

The bottom straps can either hold my raft or my bear barrel (or a tent if I had one...lol). The mesh bag on the back is large enough to hold my 12' plus doors tarp when it's wet.

I truly couldn't have designed it better if I'd done it myself and the workmanship is absolutely top-notch.