PDA

View Full Version : Emergency- I need to HIKE

ShelterLeopard
07-22-2014, 04:41
Doods, I'm coming back to the USA, FINALLY and I need to get on to the trail, STAT.

When: August 22, 23, 24 (Friday morning through Sunday afternoon)

Where: From Sunrise Mountain in NY to Delaware Water Gap (about 30 miles)

What: Chillaxin' and having some fun. I'm not planning to speed hike and I like luxurious lunches with good views, and I am planning to do some gourmet cooking! (For those of ya who know me, I may even bring the scones in the morning...)

Who: Whoever has feet.

Anyone and everyone is invited, but please let me know if you're coming so we don't take off without anyone on Friday morning.

If there are a couple people willing to shuttle, that'd be great- I'll have a car, and so will my friend Bill, but depending on how many people we've got, we will probably need more!

PS- I definitely plan to end my hike in the DWG diner with apple pie!

Just to rev you up, here's a dancing banana :banana

ShelterLeopard
07-22-2014, 04:42
(Hope the word emergency didn't actually freak anyone out...)

Dogwood
07-22-2014, 16:11
LOL You're so crazy.

ShelterLeopard
07-24-2014, 10:36
That means you're coming, right? Just say yes :D

snorz
07-24-2014, 20:44
welcome back, we missed your posts!

Ricky&Jack
07-24-2014, 22:17
now Im hijacking your thread.....

Hows the hiking situation in Georgia? I'm from Georgia (State) but never been to Georgia (Country).

Also, have you seen this thread? http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?104922-Google-Map-Member-Locator-For-WhiteBlaze-members

can you please post there so I can add you to the map? (You know, so it'll look all fancy)

Dogwood
07-24-2014, 23:51
I think you mean Sunrise Mt in NJ. All those yankee states can seem to be one big blur to Georgians/Russians? :D Make sure you head up to the stone pavilion. It's one of the best far reaching views in NJ. I can't get there at that time in August but if you're in the tri state area let me know. I'll hike with you. PM me.

ShelterLeopard
07-25-2014, 16:51
Ricky- awesome! I hadn't seen it!! As for hiking in Georgia, here's one of my many photos from last weekend: 2788027880

The mountains here are AMAZING. Today is my last day here- heading home tomorrow!!! And heck yeah I'll add myself to the list! Can I add Russia too? :D

Dogwood- oops, yep! And will do, most certainly! As soon as I finish the next semester I'm done Done DONE! And get to HIKE for a while :D :D :D

rocketsocks
07-25-2014, 21:21
Ricky- awesome! I hadn't seen it!! As for hiking in Georgia, here's one of my many photos from last weekend: 2788027880

The mountains here are AMAZING. Today is my last day here- heading home tomorrow!!! And heck yeah I'll add myself to the list! Can I add Russia too? :D

Dogwood- oops, yep! And will do, most certainly! As soon as I finish the next semester I'm done Done DONE! And get to HIKE for a while :D :D :D

...when I get real close to the screen and look at those pictures, putting my nose in the middle...it has a stereoscopic effect, but I'm to close to see it. cool pic though.

MJGreen
07-29-2014, 08:22
Hiking on my birthday. Wish I were closer.

Damn Yankee
07-29-2014, 09:09
Wish I could make it also. Maybe someone from Virginia will see this and decide to share ride with me. Sounds like a great time.

Praha4
07-29-2014, 09:46
what, no bacon and eggs in the morning? :)