PDA

View Full Version : Hammock Instruction

Odd Man Out
07-22-2014, 13:05
I got a hammock to hang up in my back yard as a gift from my kids. When I went to set it up, I found these useful instructions. I know that there are many hangers hanging around here on WB. Whatever you do BE SURE TO PIVOT ON YOUR BOTTOM!!! I thought you might find this useful. BTW, the other side of the card gives a long list of warnings, including the note that "Using any hammock carries an inherent risk of accident or injury" and should not be used for during periods of high wind, rain or precipitation. I guess I'll stick to tenting!

(note that this is in the Hiking Humor forum!)

tarditi
07-22-2014, 13:52
Before you enjoy your hammock, make sure you do the booty dance...

Likeapuma
07-22-2014, 14:03
Lol I should post this in my yard... Always hang my hammock when we have a fire. Friends who have been "indulging", have been known to fall out the back while trying to sit down in the hammock.

On second thought, it's more fun to laugh at them!

1azarus
07-22-2014, 14:25
Lol I should post this in my yard... Always hang my hammock when we have a fire. Friends who have been "indulging", have been known to fall out the back while trying to sit down in the hammock.

On second thought, it's more fun to laugh at them!

How irresponsible. Next time you have a fire, call the Tolland Fire Department. I thought people were smarter in Connecticut...

Southeast
07-22-2014, 16:11

Ha! Its humor but leave it to my kids to put their feet in first until I told them otherwise.

Odd Man Out
07-22-2014, 16:53
Ha! Its humor but leave it to my kids to put their feet in first until I told them otherwise.

Come to think of it, on a transatlantic flight a few years ago I actually sat next to a woman who needed the instructions on how to operate the seat belt.

2015 Lady Thru-Hiker
07-22-2014, 16:58
I got a hammock to hang up in my back yard as a gift from my kids. When I went to set it up, I found these useful instructions. I know that there are many hangers hanging around here on WB. Whatever you do BE SURE TO PIVOT ON YOUR BOTTOM!!! I thought you might find this useful. BTW, the other side of the card gives a long list of warnings, including the note that "Using any hammock carries an inherent risk of accident or injury" and should not be used for during periods of high wind, rain or precipitation. I guess I'll stick to tenting!

Better hang on to this. Just bought my first hammock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk