PDA

View Full Version : Female looking for Female Companion(s) to backpack Mid August to early October 2014

Slim aka Nancy
07-24-2014, 09:54
Contact me at: [email protected]

I am a spry "60+ young lady" seeking a female companion for a 6-8 week Appalachian Trail section hike THIS YEAR from the PA /New Jersey state line northbound to Hanover, NH. (about 450 miles.)

Time period: 7 weeks: from Mid August 2014 to late September 2014.

Then in 2015, Mid to Late June, from Hanover, NH. to Mt. Katahdin.

I am experienced, having acquired over 6,000 miles on the Appalachian Trail. I am 60+ years young and, depending on terrain, I hike between 1- 1/2 to 3 miles per hour and between 15-20 miles per day. I am a serious hiker looking for a serious female hiking companion who loves the Trail as I do.

My Hiking History: I've hiked the AT 2-1/2 times with my husband. He has given up hiking but I am still awestruck with the AT.

1. 2,175 miles. I did a 10 yr section hike finishing at Katahdin from 1988 to 1998 ( jobs kept me from thru-hiking )

2. 700 miles. Took early retirement, and began a thru-hike in 2007 and made it to Catawba, VA when I got a call from my mother. She had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. We left the Trail to care for her.

(This year I've hiked solo from Catawba to Delaware Water Gap)

3. 2,176 miles. In 2008 I Thru-hiked from Springer Mt. Georgia to Mt. Katahdin in Maine.

If you love to hike I would be glad to hike with you. It will be fun.

"I HIKE: THEREFORE I AM" See our journals: Bogey & Slim on TrailJournals.com

Contact me at: [email protected]

p.s. I have over 38 years of experience on the Appalachian Trail. I've lead youth hikes in the past having a total of over 400 people to whom I taught backpacking, proper backwoods etiquette and caring for our precious resources.

FreddieFox
08-03-2014, 22:05
Slim, I would love to hike with you! Not done working yet and building a house too, but if you ever get down SMNP area I would love to try to join up with you. 58 y/o female - 15-20 mile days.