PDA

View Full Version : Parking near AT in Gorham for 7-8 days??

colorado_rob
07-24-2014, 11:03
Does anyone know of a safe place to park a vehicle here? I'm of course willing to pay if it's reasonable.

Thanks for any info!

Slo-go'en
07-24-2014, 11:14
Your going to stay at the White Mountain Hostel? They would likely let you leave your car there.

colorado_rob
07-24-2014, 11:31
Your going to stay at the White Mountain Hostel? They would likely let you leave your car there.We're actually arriving in the morning and hitting the trail immediately. I'll ask them though if we can go ahead and pay to park. thanks!

Slo-go'en
07-24-2014, 12:40
We're actually arriving in the morning and hitting the trail immediately. I'll ask them though if we can go ahead and pay to park. thanks!

Their about as close to the trail head as you can get without actually parking at the trail head. I know they have a reasonably large parking lot, so hopefully they will let you park there.

peakbagger
07-24-2014, 13:08
There is plenty of parking in front of the Gorham town hall/police station, just park along the railroad tracks versus up near the ball field as foul balls occasionally land on cars. White Mountain Hostel is a far better spot if you are starting at Rattle River Trail in Shelburne. There is a short cut to the Carter Moriah trailhead via the swinging bridge from the town hall but most folks want to start or end at Rattle River