PDA

View Full Version : pack?

haloboxer
07-24-2014, 22:52
Hello everyone! I have a question about a pack I already have and if it would work for a thru hike or not.I love it for day hikes because its so comfy on and feels so light even when packed. and if not i need a not to expensive alternative.thanks

rocketsocks
07-25-2014, 00:10
hmmm, seems a we bit small for my taste, can you post all your gear? yeah lets start there.

BuckeyeBill
07-25-2014, 04:45
I agree with Rocketsocks. Looks a little too small for a thru hike unless you are a UL hiker.

daddytwosticks
07-25-2014, 07:08
That looks like a small day pack. Unless you are a XUL hiker, it looks too small. Even if you were a XUL hiker, I bet you can get a far lighter weight pack then that. :)

Wil
07-25-2014, 07:29
if it would work for a thru hike or notIt would not.

Coffee
07-25-2014, 17:32
It looks a lot like my everyday Jansport backpack which I also like for using around town and on day hikes. I've never even weighed it. It is way too small for backpacking, even for an overnight trip, with my gear and my gear is pretty compact. If you are into SUL gear and want a small pack, I'm sure that the zPacks zero or something similar would work a lot better and weigh next to nothing. Or maybe look into the ULA CDT. The general advice I've seen which makes sense to me is to get all of your gear before buying the pack so you can be sure the pack will work out.

July
07-25-2014, 19:43
[QUOTE=Coffee;1896113 The general advice I've seen which makes sense to me is to get all of your gear before buying the pack so you can be sure the pack will work out.[/QUOTE]

Conversing with a friend recently on the effects of aging, he and his wife had just been shopping for some clothes. Upon deciding the pants he wanted, his wife commented "are'nt those a little tight?" to which he responded "maybe, but they also come with something very important, called inspiration". :)

July
07-25-2014, 20:55
Probably low Vol summer pack... Big Daddy Winter Pack... seasons change.