PDA

View Full Version : Lost Watercolor kit in Damascus to Saunders

FreddieFox
07-29-2014, 06:58
Unsecured, maybe fell out of pack? A small 5x7 watercolor book in a black zip pouch with brushes and pencils. Not valuable but hard to let go - it belonged to lost son. Willing to pay any cost to return.

Dana Fox
182 Montgomery Rd
Lancing TN 37770

423-215-3674

Damn Yankee
07-29-2014, 09:14
Sorry to hear about this. I to will sometime carry some art supplies and would hate to lose them but, yours seems to be sentimental. I hope it's returned. I lost a very dear to me(present from the wife)scrimshaw necklace either on the Jones River trail or the Rapidan Camp trail. We are both very upset. I would love to have it back. Good luck

Gambit McCrae
07-29-2014, 13:26
Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully it will turn up. I think we all have sentimental thing that we would hate to loose, in fear of these, I end up leaving these thigns in my safe, a result of this, I cherish them but dont get to use them :/

rocketsocks
07-29-2014, 13:33
So sorry to hear this, I gotta think you've already posted signs in that area??? We're the paintings fixed with spray, were they in a ziplock bag? Will the rain affect them, as in will rain ruin them? Sure hope they turn up. If you need some supply's, shoot me a PM, I've got plenty. Half pans, oils, multimedia, what ever you need.

Gambit McCrae
07-29-2014, 13:51
Very kind of you!

So sorry to hear this, I gotta think you've already posted signs in that area??? We're the paintings fixed with spray, were they in a ziplock bag? Will the rain affect them, as in will rain ruin them? Sure hope they turn up. If you need some supply's, shoot me a PM, I've got plenty. Half pans, oils, multimedia, what ever you need.

rocketsocks
07-29-2014, 14:05
Very kind of you!
thank you...My motives are selfish, I like artists, specially hiker artists, they turn out the landscapes I love to see. :sun

rocketsocks
07-29-2014, 14:06
thank you...My motives are selfish, I like artists, specially hiker artists, they turn out the landscapes I love to see. :sunI aspire....

Gambit McCrae
07-29-2014, 14:41
I aspire....
have you seen the Doc. Mile mile and a half on netflix? There is a brother sister trail painters on the JMT. Pretty cool stuff

rocketsocks
07-29-2014, 14:50
have you seen the Doc. Mile mile and a half on netflix? There is a brother sister trail painters on the JMT. Pretty cool stuff
No, no I have not...thanks, I will look for that, sounds good. My favorite trail journal has been "Postcard" TJ/ and book, I met him at our local REI where he works and sold me some gear, I knew he lived in NJ, but wasn't expecting to run into him. When I first saw him, I thought "Man, that guy looks familiar to me" then after a series of questions the light went..."Postard, is that you" "Yup, that's me" funny encounter it was. good interesting guy.

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3968

FreddieFox
07-29-2014, 15:02
You all are too kind. Thank you! I will certainly live without this, just thought I would put it out there in the wind on the off chance it was found by a member. Still willing to pay whatever, but not too heartbroken. Things happen for a reason. Perhaps finder will find inspiration to paint and draw. :)

rocketsocks
07-29-2014, 15:06
You all are too kind. Thank you! I will certainly live without this, just thought I would put it out there in the wind on the off chance it was found by a member. Still willing to pay whatever, but not too heartbroken. Things happen for a reason. Perhaps finder will find inspiration to paint and draw. :)What a nice sentiment...I do hope they turn up for your family...best wishes.

rocketsocks
07-29-2014, 22:13
Wow, what a nice movie, thanks so much for the heads up....I'll be watching that more than 100 times. :sun

Seatbelt
07-30-2014, 08:41
Last summer I found a nice pair of tennis shoes/trail-runners in this same section of trail. they were neatly placed side-by-side. I took them back to Damascus with me and gave them to Crazy Larry. Don't know if he ever found their home or not.