PDA

View Full Version : White Mtn. AMC Shuttle Question...

colorado_rob
07-29-2014, 19:25
I've visited the website, printed the map (not a good map), read the words, and I still don't understand. If anyone is familiar with this AMC shuttle, can you help?

We're trying to get from the south end, like in Lincoln, up to Gorham.

On the shuttle schedule it shows two "routes", route one dancing around the north end, route two, the south. The route two schedule shows a bus leaving Lincoln at 11:00 am, arriving at Highland Center at 1:25.

Then route one shows a bus leaving Highland Center at 1:25, arriving Gorham at 2:24pm.

The question is: Even those these are two different routes, is it the same bus? If not, how can one get to Highland at 1:25 and leave at 1:25 and not miss the bus? There seem to be no options for catching a bus from Lincoln to Gorham unless it's the same bus stopping then leaving Highland.

Hope this question makes sense. I must be missing a point oh this schedule!

thanks in advance for any help and info.

Driver8
07-30-2014, 02:18
I've visited the website, printed the map (not a good map), read the words, and I still don't understand. If anyone is familiar with this AMC shuttle, can you help?

We're trying to get from the south end, like in Lincoln, up to Gorham.

On the shuttle schedule it shows two "routes", route one dancing around the north end, route two, the south. The route two schedule shows a bus leaving Lincoln at 11:00 am, arriving at Highland Center at 1:25.

Then route one shows a bus leaving Highland Center at 1:25, arriving Gorham at 2:24pm.

The question is: Even those these are two different routes, is it the same bus? If not, how can one get to Highland at 1:25 and leave at 1:25 and not miss the bus? There seem to be no options for catching a bus from Lincoln to Gorham unless it's the same bus stopping then leaving Highland.

Hope this question makes sense. I must be missing a point oh this schedule!

thanks in advance for any help and info.

Call the AMC Highland Center or Pinkham Notch Visitor Center for further guidance, but I believe you can get the shuttle in the AM all the way from Lincoln to Gorham - not sure if you need to change bus at Highland. I've not yet ridden the shuttle, so again, I'd say call the AMC for more info.

colorado_rob
07-30-2014, 17:10
thanks Driver, I did exactly that, got my answer from a very friendly lady: the NOBO shuttle from Highland waits for transfers from the NOBO shuttle from the south end, so all good!

Driver8
07-31-2014, 01:17
thanks Driver, I did exactly that, got my answer from a very friendly lady: the NOBO shuttle from Highland waits for transfers from the NOBO shuttle from the south end, so all good!

Cool beans. I've found AMC staff usually helpful. When you heading this way? I'm itching to get back up there. Probably in a couple of weeks.

colorado_rob
07-31-2014, 07:45
Cool beans. I've found AMC staff usually helpful. When you heading this way? I'm itching to get back up there. Probably in a couple of weeks.My wife and I are heading out there 8/28 (just before labor day weekend) and hiking SOBO from Gorham for 8 days, hoping to complete the White Mtns, then she comes home and I'm continuing on until I get a couple hundred more AT miles. We cannot wait to check out those White Mountains!