PDA

View Full Version : Franconia Notch motel

Trail Bug
08-14-2014, 07:44
I will be starting there in early September to hike north thru the Whites. Friend is driving up from GA and plans to meet us there. Can anyone reccomend a motel in that area with a fair price that includes a breakfast. Also my wife will be staying there a few days before heading over to the AMC Lodge in Crawford. Thanks.

forrest!
08-14-2014, 08:13
I'm a SOBO thru-hiker. Currently at the Carriage Motel in N Woodstock. Relatively cheap, old family style motel. No breakfast, but the deli/gas station across the street has cheap breakfast sandwiches and opens at 5AM.

CarlZ993
08-14-2014, 13:16
I'll second the Carriage Motel. I'd grab breakfast down the street @ Peg's. Good 'ol, clog-your-arteries, American breakfast.

pjohnson
08-14-2014, 16:05
I was just up there and stayed at the Rodeway Inn on Rt. 3 just north of Linclon and N. Woodstock. It was $82.00 and included a breakfast (which really was not that good). But it was just a few minutes from the trail. Truants Tavern in N. Woodstock has great food and beer! Yep, great food and beer. I'd go back there.

gumball
08-14-2014, 19:37
I will give a big thumbs up to the Mt. Liberty Motel and Lodge--sorry, no breakfast, but that is easily found in town--or, rent a small cabin on the cheap there that has a kitchenette. Owners are awesome and they love hikers.

Dogwood
08-14-2014, 20:06
Politely inquire about hiker rates too. When explaining I'm on a tight budget the AMC and surrounding area hotels/motels have given me a discount on quite a few occasions.

psyculman
08-20-2014, 06:24
I recommend the Indian Head Resort, Parker's Motel, or 'the' Franconia Notch Motel.

Jeff
08-20-2014, 08:03
I'm a SOBO thru-hiker. Currently at the Carriage Motel in N Woodstock. Relatively cheap, old family style motel. No breakfast, but the deli/gas station across the street has cheap breakfast sandwiches and opens at 5AM.

Is the Carriage Motel the one with the old time bed massage machines?

peakbagger
08-20-2014, 09:47
Heads up, the tourist volume is up big time this year and many motels are full with no vacancies on weekends and sometimes during the week from now until mid September. There is a short lull and them the leaf season traffic picks up. Don't assume there are a lot of walk in choices.

forrest!
08-20-2014, 21:06
Is the Carriage Motel the one with the old time bed massage machines?

Yes, the Magic Fingers. I didn't try it!