PDA

View Full Version : ordering from Hennessey's site

MedicineMan
10-08-2005, 22:59
I've finally worn out a pair of tree huggers and tried to order a replacement from Tom's site to no avail....the fill in the blank page with demographics was goofy....anyone else had this problem?
Any one else making/selling them? Jacks-R-Better???

bearbag hanger
10-09-2005, 06:58
You can buy the same stuff at most good outfitters. One inch wide black strapping at any length you want. If you can't sew the loops, just use a knot of some sort.

MedicineMan
10-09-2005, 07:13
and have been thinking of who in the area might have a sewing maching mighty enough to sew the loops....any thoughts? shoe shop? upholstery shop, probably would take them 5 seconds for each hugger.

Oracle
10-09-2005, 09:03
From what I can tell, the Hammock Bliss tree straps are the exact same thing, they're about $10 at Campmor's website.

gumby
10-09-2005, 11:59
and have been thinking of who in the area might have a sewing maching mighty enough to sew the loops....any thoughts? shoe shop? upholstery shop, probably would take them 5 seconds for each hugger.
MM you don't need a real hefty sewing machine. I bought a $70 machine from JoAnns and it sewed up my straps perfectly. Just don't force the material and it will work.

marc

MedicineMan
10-09-2005, 21:28
thanks, but i took the easy way out and did the clicking at campmor. I wish i had time to get a machine and sew, it was just easier to buy them and move on.

Footslogger
10-09-2005, 21:37
and have been thinking of who in the area might have a sewing maching mighty enough to sew the loops....any thoughts? shoe shop? upholstery shop, probably would take them 5 seconds for each hugger.============================
If you know a good shoemaker or have a shoe repair shop in town they can do it. All you have to do is get a good bartack sewn into the end.

'Slogger

Just Jeff
10-10-2005, 00:45
I couldn't get my machine to bartack it, but I sewed a few rectangles with X's inside and it worked fine. My straps were a bit thicker than the HH, though.

creekfisher
10-10-2005, 14:37
I made my own using Marlow's 2-inch "hiking strap webbing" from here:

http://www.apsltd.com/Tree/d3000/e876.asp

I like it because it does not stretch and it does not compress the bark as much as the 1" strap. It's heavier but it makes me feel better :sun

jackiebolen
10-10-2005, 15:06
I have always just phoned Hennessy if I needed something. I think they even have a 1-800 #.

When I needed one tree hugger because I lost the other one, they just sent it for free. They so some good work!