PDA

View Full Version : Youtube Videos

Treetoptommy
08-16-2014, 07:48
So I am planning to upload some videos for my family/friends and i am not sure the best way of doing this which is driving me nuts. I just bought a nikon coolpix s6800 (trying to look for something with more quality) which has wifi but the wifi feature works as good as a table with no legs; it doesn't. Every time i go to upload a video or pic to my phone it automatically disconnect, it is super frustrating. I am not sure if ill have a smart phone that i am willing to take pictures with or video due to the quality factor. No matter how nice a phone camera seems its just not the same.

Is there a better camra to use out there? How else does other people deal with this situation?

atmilkman
08-16-2014, 09:05
http://gopro.com/cameras?gclid=Cj0KEQjwgryfBRDn7cvY-pOit4cBEiQAB3nTbv2H0nrPctnDwY_9LngMQxUdtO9Kz5YS8OK rbDMVvJoaAlD68P8HAQ

Shop around. They can be had for a lot less. Posted this link for info.

TrippLite
08-16-2014, 09:57
Ensure battery has at least 50% charge ....
if that's not the problem post which app and phone you are using? media card brand?

AmputeeHiker
08-16-2014, 12:01
Check out Will Wood on youtube. He bought a nice camera and is using it on the trail right now. I saw it mentioned somewhere that the Go Pro has terrible battery life?
Will (or Redbeard), seems to like his camera. I will probably buy the same camera and do something similar for my amputee related youtube page.

Treetoptommy
08-17-2014, 22:07
i been following red beard from the start, I tried to find him last weekend to give him some trail magic but his spot was not updated. Pictures on a gopro are terrible, i want something a little bit better than that. I just picked up a new camera samsung wb350F, it uploads to my phone with no issues plus when i have wifi i can upload directly to youtube. seems on the heavy side but for picture/video quality seems worth it (8oz i think)

EastCoastClimber
08-18-2014, 01:10
What about a smartphone? If viewers are using computer monitors/tablets to watch your vids, a new iphone/galaxy will definitely have you covered, plus they can do a million other very useful, time saving things.

Demeter
08-18-2014, 06:37
What about a smartphone? If viewers are using computer monitors/tablets to watch your vids, a new iphone/galaxy will definitely have you covered, plus they can do a million other very useful, time saving things.

Seems like a smart phone would be the easiest, OTOH, my videos end up a lot shakier and I can't zoom in or out as easily as with a camera. YMMV

Treetoptommy
08-22-2014, 07:58
The phone just does not cut it for me. If i have to i can transfer the vid/pics to my phone then upload them, but i want something with quality and pictures/videos that can capture the beauty of landscapes also.