PDA

View Full Version : Sucking hard or easy?

pafarmboy
08-16-2014, 17:51
Was wondering how much more "sucking" is needed when a sawyer mini is connected in line from a bladder to the bite valve? One person told me it was comparable to drinking a milkshake through a straw. Any others out there use this setup?

Del Q
08-16-2014, 19:04
Not a direct response but the Sawyer squeeze takes applying some pressure

kayak karl
08-16-2014, 19:46
yes, takes a little work. i like using it with gravity setup.

Sidewinder
08-16-2014, 20:25
unlike the Sawyer Squeeze the Sawyer Mini does not require any squeezing, it is designed to work with a straw and be used as an inline filter. At first I only noticed a very slight difference when used inline...no big deal, now I don't notice it at all. Great filter too.

daddytwosticks
08-18-2014, 07:13
If it helps, I've never used it in line with a bag. But I have used it for its intended purpose as a straw to suck water right from a source. The effort required is not that bad at all. :)

HooKooDooKu
08-19-2014, 01:59
It sort of depends upon what kind of flow rate you require. If you're really thirsty and want to chug-a-lug, you're going to have to suck pretty hard. If you need a tiny sip, it doesn't take much.

Given that you can pick one up for $20 at WalMart, I'd say it's worth the $$$ to simply test and see how well you think it works for you.

HeartFire
08-19-2014, 05:51
I have mine "in line" in my plattypus. (A Sawyer mini) I love it - the only time I have any trouble sucking water out is when air gets into it - then you have to suck really hard to get the air lock cleared, but other than that, I don't notice any difference in the use of the platty.