PDA

View Full Version : Grey Croc at Panther Ford Swimming Hole / Va. 614

Southerner
08-22-2014, 16:19
I found a single, nicer-than-average, size 11, grey croc in the parking area at Panther Ford (Jennings Creek). Based on where I found it, it probably fell out / off of a car rather than off a backpack. I left the croc on the first rock leading down to the swimming hole since I figured the person who lost it might come back for it. If it's yours and you're not local, you may be able to post for someone heading that way or perhaps call someone from Middle Creek Campground to see if they could recover it for you.

illabelle
08-22-2014, 16:23
Oh phooey! I was looking for an exciting thread about crocodiles invading a pond and threatening swimmers.

Offshore
08-22-2014, 18:06
Oh phooey! I was looking for an exciting thread about crocodiles invading a pond and threatening swimmers.

The grey ones aren't too aggressive. Its the teal ones you need to worry about...

2015 Lady Thru-Hiker
08-22-2014, 19:19

I'm with you illabelle. I thought we were going to have to start learning to defend ourselves from crocs as well as bears and other predators :)

Siarl
08-22-2014, 19:25
The grey ones aren't too aggressive. Its the teal ones you need to worry about...

The teal ones I don't mind too much. It's the camo ones that you can't see until you're right up on them.

illabelle
08-22-2014, 19:51
Crocs and swimmers are a bad combination. So often we hear of hikers fording rivers with crocs. What are they thinking!?!?!