PDA

View Full Version : FHT any AT&T service?

saltysack
08-24-2014, 11:38
Looking to do a thru on fht in sc this fall/winter...any cell service at peaks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steppin Wolf
08-24-2014, 17:34
I recall decent service entering Gorges SP eastbound at the powerline, at toxaway river crossing, and at sassafrass Mt. Very spotty otherwise between those points.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

saltysack
08-24-2014, 21:00
I recall decent service entering Gorges SP eastbound at the powerline, at toxaway river crossing, and at sassafrass Mt. Very spotty otherwise between those points.

Thx...was that w AT&T? How many days did u spend on thru?

Steppin Wolf
08-24-2014, 23:39
Mine was Verizon but I'm pretty sure one of the others with me had AT&T. Actually only did Bad Creek to Table Rock in 4 days. First and last days were short though.

dmax
08-25-2014, 00:07
Mine was verizon and others had AT&T. Reception was spotty. Verizon seemed to get the most signal. It seemed to us that the peaks that faced northeast had the best signal. Two of our campsites had no signal. We're looking at doing another thru this fall. Maybe well see you out there!

saltysack
08-25-2014, 08:37
Mine was verizon and others had AT&T. Reception was spotty. Verizon seemed to get the most signal. It seemed to us that the peaks that faced northeast had the best signal. Two of our campsites had no signal. We're looking at doing another thru this fall. Maybe well see you out there!

What side did y'all start? Thoughts as I'll only have prob 4.5 days to complete any recs...do you need guide book? Pretty well blazed?

tagg
08-25-2014, 16:14
What side did y'all start? Thoughts as I'll only have prob 4.5 days to complete any recs...do you need guide book? Pretty well blazed?

I've hiked it twice. Last fall I started at Table Rock, and it took me four days. Very well blazed. I brought a guidebook, but didn't need it. Water is not a problem. I got calls out every day, but I have Sprint. The first time I hiked it was with a friend who had AT&T, and he may as well have been carrying a rock because he only got service on Pinnacle and at the highway crossing above Whitewater.

saltysack
08-25-2014, 16:23
I've hiked it twice. Last fall I started at Table Rock, and it took me four days. Very well blazed. I brought a guidebook, but didn't need it. Water is not a problem. I got calls out every day, but I have Sprint. The first time I hiked it was with a friend who had AT&T, and he may as well have been carrying a rock because he only got service on Pinnacle and at the highway crossing above Whitewater.

Thx good old At&t!! Thx for the info...

AO2134
08-25-2014, 17:00
BTW, I don't know if you are looking for company on this thru hike, but see Meat803 who is doing a thru hike the first week of November.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?105776-Foothills-Trail-thru-hike

saltysack
08-25-2014, 18:09
BTW, I don't know if you are looking for company on this thru hike, but see Meat803 who is doing a thru hike the first week of November.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?105776-Foothills-Trail-thru-hike

Thx for heads up...I usually go solo w my dog....enjoy the piece and quiet...

dmax
08-25-2014, 21:23

We started at Oconee and took 4.5 to Table Rock. We did about 16 miles a day which worked out good for campsites. We used the pocket profile which we really liked. .. One of the guys that was with us got confused at the Burrells Ford area, but finally found us right before dark.

saltysack
08-25-2014, 21:34
Thx...sounds good