PDA

View Full Version : Place(s) to Park in Harpers Ferry

Point Man Chef
08-25-2014, 10:37
Looking to do SOBO from PenMar to Harpers Ferry in October. Where could I leave my car? Thanks!

Mrs Baggins
08-25-2014, 10:46
Leave it at the Visitors Center lot. A ranger will have you register it there - your route, how long you expect to leave it, etc. Park it at the backside of the lot out of the way of daily tourists. When you get into town just take free shuttle bus back up to the Visitors Center. Easy. :)

Point Man Chef
08-25-2014, 11:53
Thank you, thank you! I knew there was an easy way but couldn't find it in another thread.

Leave it at the Visitors Center lot. A ranger will have you register it there - your route, how long you expect to leave it, etc. Park it at the backside of the lot out of the way of daily tourists. When you get into town just take free shuttle bus back up to the Visitors Center. Easy. :)

RangerZ
08-25-2014, 12:00

Check with the park. I think that you have to pay to park and they lock the gates at night.

WILLIAM HAYES
08-25-2014, 22:12
check with linda at the teahorse hostel in Harpers Ferry I think she will let you park there

jimtabor
08-26-2014, 07:00
The street were the ATC is located is free parking

QHShowoman
08-26-2014, 12:31
Check with the park. I think that you have to pay to park and they lock the gates at night.

It's $10 for 3 days.