PDA

View Full Version : It's here....new golite

hikehunter
08-25-2014, 23:19
It arrived today on a big brown truck. The "golite - jam 70"
It is light and strong. It got lots o space.
It will get to working next weekend.

I have seen videos and blogs that like the "golite" jam50. never saw much on the 70. I like to have a little extra space. If anyone has used the golite please respond with you opinions and carry options.

Using this pack along with my hammock system I have cut almost 5 lbs. off my load. My old pack is 4.6 lbs.
the 70 comes in at 1.89 lbs. Well on my way to a 22 lbs. load.

Daddyjim
09-13-2014, 23:43
I have the golite jam 70, making a couple minor alterations.....first thing I did was dyed my easter egg blue pack to a nice dark royal blue color, it actually looks very good. I love the weight and the size of the pack.

hikehunter
09-14-2014, 13:25
This weekend was super....52 deg. Sat. morning
Took the new pack out for a short test run.
Did a three mile hike over to the park on the edge of town and did a little stealth hang.
The "go-lite" 70 is amazing lite. In the pack: hammock, tarp, sleeping pad, mini down sleeping bag (30 deg.) jet boil, coffee, 2 cliff bars, roman noodles, new york strip, 2 mini-bar bottles of Crown, 16oz. bottle of pepsi, 32oz. water bag, 1 ezbit fire tab, and a small camp pillow.
Total weight: 11.5 lbs.
I will most likely be about 22 lbs. for the AT. The pack worked well, however, I need to do some adjusting to the belt.
I had a little rub between the buckle and the pad. The hang/carry loop at the neck was a bit anoyin I am thinking of cutting it off.
Over all ....I am pleased with the pack.....now to practice different ways of loading it...

Wise Old Owl
09-14-2014, 15:30
I just wish you could get it in green.

Rolls Kanardly
09-14-2014, 16:13
Golite.com search did not show a jam anything until I reread post and looked in the ultra lite category.
Now it shows up. Golite must be having a bad hair day.

Thanks Rolls

rustmd
09-14-2014, 16:23
i tried the go-life jam 70 for a year of backpacking & AT section hiking but i could not get it to load correctly. . .everything fell down and made the pack look like a giant pear on my back. i used my sleeping pad to line the pack but still it didn't work. the strapping all fell loose and i was constantly readjusting.

i tried to like this pack but it didn't work out for me, i now have an ULA circuit that is working super for me. i wish you well w/ your go-life jam 70, i see a few on the AT.

.com

ChuckT
09-14-2014, 18:12
I have the golite jam 70, making a couple minor alterations.....first thing I did was dyed my easter egg blue pack to a nice dark royal blue color, it actually looks very good. I love the weight and the size of the pack.
Surprised you tried this! I would expect the color to run and make everything you wear next to it royal blue.