PDA

View Full Version : Erwin, TN Places to stay

Gambit McCrae
08-27-2014, 09:00
I will be day hiking all weekend around Erwin. I dont mind tenting but for around 20-25 a night I wouldnt mind getting a single room somewheres comparable to the rooms they have at laughing heart hostel in Hot Springs. What a great experience that was this late spring going up there and day hiking big miles and coming back into town for a fun night.

As well, Any pool tables in Erwin? I have a Lab that trails with me so if you know of a nondog friendly place it wouldnt hurt to post that and just state that they arent dog friendly. Thanks!

10-K
08-27-2014, 09:06
No pool tables. :)

The cheapest place to stay is Uncle Johnny's and is the only place that falls into the sub $25 price range, that's followed by the Best Southern motel which is dog friendly and I believe $55 or so a night. Next is the Super 8 and I'm pretty sure they also allow dogs.

The nicest place is Mountain Inn & Suites but I'm pretty sure they have a no dogs policy.

SteelCut
08-27-2014, 09:06
Uncle Johnny's (http://www.unclejohnnys.net/Cabins.html) ?? Responsible dogs and dog owners are welcome.

Gambit McCrae
08-27-2014, 09:13
I am probably going to crash at Johnnys, he told me they were having some big rafting bash party this weekend so I guess I will either bring earplugs or tap the keg lol

Bummer on no pool table I try and shoot about every day and its always fun playing in new places.

64bluejeans
08-27-2014, 22:56
Our Thru Hiker stayed at Mountain Harbor....Nice place,great breakfast and her pup was welcome in the living area, not in the sleeping area. Very reasonable.

Astro
08-28-2014, 00:57
Our Thru Hiker stayed at Mountain Harbor....Nice place,great breakfast and her pup was welcome in the living area, not in the sleeping area. Very reasonable.

Nice place, but this is around 50 miles from Erwin, TN.

Astro
08-28-2014, 00:58
I am probably going to crash at Johnnys, he told me they were having some big rafting bash party this weekend so I guess I will either bring earplugs or tap the keg lol

Bummer on no pool table I try and shoot about every day and its always fun playing in new places.

Thanks for warning us so that we don't get hustled. :)

Waterbuffalo
09-03-2014, 18:37
Johnnys has my vote Good place and friendly folks

Gambit McCrae
09-03-2014, 21:55
As far as johnnys for me...cob webs and lots of spiders, no AC. For less money in Hot Springs I got air conditioning clean room no spiders no cobwebs. Thus is why I started the hostel evaluation thread

Ktaadn
09-04-2014, 09:20
10-K, how much to sleep on your porch?

swjohnsey
09-04-2014, 09:39
Uncle Johnny's has everything a hiker need including cheap Snickers bars.

10-K
09-04-2014, 09:41
10-K, how much to sleep on your porch?

If you're not an axe murderer you can sleep in the guest room at no charge. :)

Gambit McCrae
09-04-2014, 09:47
Uncle Johnny's has everything a hiker need including cheap Snickers bars.

Johnny was a very nice guy. He had a cool place, but a shop vac would have gone a long way in my room. I stayed in Room G, and we arent talkin about "A" spider, it was dozens and dozens of spiders.

If you're not an axe murderer you can sleep in the guest room at no charge. :)

Im taking you up on it 10-K! haha

kidchill
09-04-2014, 20:05
I'm having trouble remembering Erwin, is it the relatively long town. Like, 2 highways laid it out, and another town was nearby? If that's the town I think I stayed at that Best Southern Motel. $55 sounds about right. It wasn't too shabby, but then again, I was SOBO, so by that point I was happy with a roof, running water, electricity. If you do decide to stay there, and this is the place I'm thinking of, make sure you don't get the room by the office.