PDA

View Full Version : Most outragous meal after a hike? Pictures welcomed

Gambit McCrae
08-28-2014, 11:20
After a 30+ mile weekend on the trail I consumed all of the following hamburger:
Starting from bottom:
A grilled cheese
1/4 pound burger patty
3 slices of cheese
5 strips of bacon
1/4 pound burger patty
3 slices of cheese
5 strips of bacon
2 bbq'd chicken fingures tomato onion and lettuce witha big side of onion rings and a cold beer :)

Gambit McCrae
08-28-2014, 11:20
Oh with a second grilled cheese on top :) lol

Kraken Skullz
08-28-2014, 11:23
Where did you get this?

Gambit McCrae
08-28-2014, 11:32
Cosmos Bar and Grill Cookeville, TN. I got it when I got home from the hike :) Its not on the menu I jokingly asked for it and they brought it out haha

saltysack
08-28-2014, 11:38
Wow!!! Should be called a cardiac arrest!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronk
08-28-2014, 11:44
I got a ride into town once and there was a Little Cesar's next door to the grocery store so I ordered a large pizza and then went in the store to shop. I bought 2 pounds of chicken breast, a pound of bacon, a pound of cheddar cheese, a tub of sour cream, 2 large baking potatoes, 8 kaiser rolls from the bakery and a box of ice cream sandwiches. I sat on the curb in front of the store and ate the entire pizza within about 5 minutes, then polished off the entire box of ice cream sandwiches while waiting for my ride back to the hostel where I used the BBQ grill to cook the rest. Everything was eaten before I went to bed that night.

runt13
08-28-2014, 12:22
After a 28 mile hiking adventure during hurricane Irene, which included an overnight tent stay during the storm. My son and I went to Millers tavern in NJ, and ordered....1 large well done roasted garlic pizza, 2 dozen of there hot wings, 1 California chicken cheesesteak, 2 large Bass ales, 2 double shots of Jameson and an order of steamers.

paradise!

RUNT ''13''

Gambit McCrae
08-28-2014, 12:27
what are Steamers?

Sarcasm the elf
08-28-2014, 12:42
I still think that this one takes the cake:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?59631-Calorie-Filled-Backpacking-Food

Starchild
08-28-2014, 12:45
1 of each on the dollar menu, with a additional Mc Gangbang (TM) is the only way to go ;)

Congrats

:)

runt13
08-28-2014, 12:48
Steamed littleneck clams!

Rolls Kanardly
08-28-2014, 13:22
So what did you do for Dinner? Rolls:rolleyes:

Old_Man
08-28-2014, 13:39

My jaw cracked when I saw the height of that beast. How...

macdaddy
08-28-2014, 20:15
I want one now!

fiddlehead
08-28-2014, 23:02
Sorry, no pictures, but one of my most memorable meals was in '98 when I finished the CDT at Waterton Lakes in BC.
I really wanted to celebrate, and it's such a beautiful place, I went to the best restaurant in town and couldn't decide between Thai food and caribou.
So, I ordered them both. With red wine.
Awesome meal for an awesome trail in an awesome place.

Dogwood
08-28-2014, 23:49
In Hiawassee, my first AT NOBO trail stop:

At an Italian Restaurant, I think it was Cafe Portofino: two Caesar salads, one large fried Calamari appetizer, one side order of spaghetti w/ vodka sauce, one bowl of pasta e fagioli soup, Eggplant Cafe Alla Portofino entree,and cherry cheesecake for dessert. I drank about three cokes. Pacer, the other thru-hiker I was with, ate two dinners. We were in this restaurant two hrs 15 mins eating.

After eating all that, while walking back to the Hiawassee Inn, we stopped at a convenience store where I nuked a large bean and cheese burrito and drank a 64 oz Gatorade and bought a large bag of Sun Chips. It was all gone but a few of the chips remaining by the time we neared the Inn. By the time we got to the hotel room I said, "I still have room in the tank. I'm going over to Subway." Pacer said he had a little more room but didn't want to over eat. Mind you he just ate two full dinners as much as me over at the Italian place not more than 2 1/2 hrs ago and just ate a double cheeseburger and drank almost a qt of milk also from the convenience store!

I went over to the, I think it was Subway, and ordered a 12" turkey and cheese sub cut into four pieces. I thought I would share half the sub with Pacer despite him saying what he said at the hotel room. At the room 3/4 of the sub was left. I ate a 1/4 of the sub as I walked back to the room. Pacer had bought a cooler he had in the room loading it up with some soft drinks and alcohol. I drank a 12 oz soda and ate another 1/4 of the sub. Pacer ate a nibble off a 1/4 of the sub. I ate the left overs eating almost a full 12'" turkey and cheese sub.

This was when I became aware of how addicted to sometimes over eating I was and felt I needed to makes some healthier dietary adjustments despite the thru-hiking mindset that okays over eating in town and mass consumption of junk food. I became intimately and shockingly aware of how spoiled, wasteful, and mass consuming I had become in a U.S. culture that often encourages this type of behavior.

Just Bill
08-29-2014, 10:10
Stop 1- Nice restaurant-
Special- Lover's Lobster Dinner for Two. Two big Maine Lobsters, Corn on the cob, Garlic Mashed Taters, and mixed veggies. Added a plate of fries to the meal. Washed it down with 4 or 5 24 oz. Drafts of Newcastle.
Took about two hours sit down to exit.

Stop 2- Hiker friendly bar found twenty minutes after leaving the nice restaurant.
Bacon Double Cheeseburger with double order of fries. Some other odd bar appetizers I can't recall.
Accompanied the meal with a half a bakers dozen Irish Pints (20oz) of Guinness and a large rocks glass of peppermint schnapps type liquor(still not sure why).
Took about 4 hours sit down to stumbling exit.

Probably my most obscene (and costly) town stop.

Berserker
08-29-2014, 12:09
After I finished the JMT last year I hit the mexican restaurant in Lone Pine for dinner, and wasn't full when I left so I hit the taco truck on the way back to the hotel. Then the next day still in Lone Pine I hit the buffet at the Merry-Go-Round (chinese), and after 3 heaping plates of at least one of everything they had I was stuffed. As a matter of fact, I paid for it the rest of the day as I was quite uncomfortable.

I don't know what true thru hiker hunger is like, but if it's worse than the hunger I had after 3 weeks on the JMT then YIKES!!!

GoldenBear
08-29-2014, 22:54
Earlier this year I took the challenge of the Belly Buster

Here's the before
http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=59994

and the after
http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=59995

off-pher
08-30-2014, 22:36
Last year after hiking through Ocala NF on the F.T..
I stopped at a local pizza shop and ate a 20 inch pizza.
I thought I was in the big league.................until now
WOW you guys have taken this to a new level.......

Dogtra
08-31-2014, 17:33
Don't recall exactly what town this was in... but...

There was an AYCE KFC and a bunch of us dived in. I have no pictures, sadly, but it was an amusing experience. No amount of plates seemed to satisfy any one of us. Thru-hikers at any AYCE restaurant is a spectacle.... :D

So it wasn't too terribly shocking when management "Closed" the bar and then immediately reopened it once we all vacated the building.

fiddlehead
08-31-2014, 23:28
I don'tremember if this was ont heh AT or PCT, it's been a while. 28228

Dogtra
09-01-2014, 00:11
I don'tremember if this was ont heh AT or PCT, it's been a while. 28228

Ha! Yeah... I can see some AYCE restaurants along the AT putting up that type of sign. In my defense and that of my fellow hikers - we weren't at the KFC for that long. :D But I can't complain too much as I did eat my money's worth.

Pony
09-01-2014, 09:46
The morning after summiting katahdin I had two bacon egg and cheese biscuits and two hash browns at mcdonalds. By the time i finished they were serving lunch so i ordered four mcdoubles and two large fries and ate it all.

rocketsocks
09-01-2014, 16:15
I ate six doughnuts on the way to the trail once...3 Boston cremes, 2 jellies and 1 crueler.

...fat bastard. :o