PDA

View Full Version : HELP - ZPacks Hexamid Solplex Owners

soumodeler
08-31-2014, 16:46
Can anyone who owns a Solplex give me any tips on how to pitch it where the ends do not sag and touch the bathtub floor? I cannot get it to pitch like in the picture: 28222

No matter how I try to pitch it by moving the guy lines and tightening it up can I get the wall to not sag and touch the top of the floor near the bungy cord. It almost seems like there is too much material.

I have watched several videos and read the setup instructions on their website and I am pitching it exactly how it is supposed to be pitched, and yet I cannot get it right. I am using trekking poles set exactly 48" and 32".

Nooga
08-31-2014, 17:19
Can anyone who owns a Solplex give me any tips on how to pitch it where the ends do not sag and touch the bathtub floor? I cannot get it to pitch like in the picture: 28222

No matter how I try to pitch it by moving the guy lines and tightening it up can I get the wall to not sag and touch the top of the floor near the bungy cord. It almost seems like there is too much material.

I have watched several videos and read the setup instructions on their website and I am pitching it exactly how it is supposed to be pitched, and yet I cannot get it right. I am using trekking poles set exactly 48" and 32".

I would contact Joe @ Zpacks. He has always been very responsive to my questions. I have the Hexamid Solo and don't have any issues, although I typically pitch it a bit higher than he recommends.

OldNorth
09-01-2014, 01:05
Try leaving a little slack between the poles, so the top ridge is NOT as tight as possible when setting up. IE, try setting up with the poles a little closer to each other. You should then be able to take up that slack when you are staking the corners. Hope this helps. Keep us updated on how it goes.

Ercoupe
09-01-2014, 06:43
I always find a stick to prop up the guide line above the Mid-guide line on my hexamid with only screen floor. In the solplex it appears to attach in the same place as the elastic cord on the inside. Gives me more room for my feet when I take an air pad. Not sure why there is not any overhang, must be ease of production. The stick may actually worsen the sag, but worth a try.