PDA

View Full Version : Bearikade Scout

Jim Lynch
09-01-2014, 20:44
Looking for a Bearikade Scout. Good shape of course.

swisscross
09-02-2014, 09:33
Sorry to thread jack but does anyone know if the Scout is acceptable container for the JMT? Not listed as approved on Yosemite site.

And....Bearikade is not mentioned at all on the Teton site?

Coffee
09-02-2014, 09:41
I have a custom Bearikade not specifically listed and had no issues with it at the permit office. I just said that I had a Bearikade and that seemed good enough for the rangers. You could give them a call to be more certain.

swisscross
09-02-2014, 10:18
I have a custom Bearikade not specifically listed and had no issues with it at the permit office. I just said that I had a Bearikade and that seemed good enough for the rangers. You could give them a call to be more certain.

Are you referring to Yosemite, Tetons or both?

Coffee
09-02-2014, 11:26
Sorry, meant to say Yosemite

Venchka
09-02-2014, 15:41
Sorry to thread jack but does anyone know if the Scout is acceptable container for the JMT? Not listed as approved on Yosemite site.

And....Bearikade is not mentioned at all on the Teton site?

Bearikades are approved in California. They are not approved in Glacier or Grand Teton. Grand Teton has Garcia canisters available on a first come basis. Or did according to recent trip reports online. Best to call the Backcountry office in each park.
Or hike in the Canadian Rockies. Backcountry campsites have bear proof facilities provided. Either food boxes or cables.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.

Venchka
09-02-2014, 16:01
Yellowstone does not mention bear cans. Instead, they provide hanging apparatus. All the information needed is online.

Wayne

Sent from somewhere around here.

Sidewinder
09-02-2014, 16:06
The OP posted
"Looking for a Bearikade Scout. Good shape of course."

his post was completely hijacked with the first reply