PDA

View Full Version : Daleville to VA43

illabelle
09-08-2014, 10:13
Planning a quick little weekend section between Daleville and VA43. Would appreciate local intel on the following:

Safe parking at VA43?
Water availability?
Ok to stealth camp in this section?

johnnybgood
09-08-2014, 12:07
It would be easier to hike sobo into Daleville . You could leave your car in the shopping center parking lot and get shuttled to VA43.
The outfitter there should be a good place to start for shuttle info. HikerMom 58 also lives near Daleville, send her a message.

By Shealth I guess you mean out of sight ? Thats what I do.

illabelle
09-08-2014, 12:23
Thanks Johnny. We do prefer to go SOBO from VA43, and I will get in touch with HM. Our issue is we might get up there kinda late, and didn't want to bother somebody with a late shuttle, also not sure how far we'd want to hike in the dark. So just trying to get info to know our options. :)

Deer Hunter
09-08-2014, 17:38
How late, ILB?

Slo-go'en
09-08-2014, 19:29
It's been a while since I last did that section, but if I remember right water is a bit scarce through there. SOBO from VA43 and your not far from the Blue ridge parkway for a goodly while so stealth camping could be iffy. The Bobblets Shelter is only a few miles from VA43 and looks to be an easy hike, I'd shoot for there to camp the first night.

illabelle
09-09-2014, 06:35
How late, ILB?

DH, we will probably get up there around 8 pm. HM won't be in town, but she gave me a number to call. It's quite a bit out of your way to come down to Daleville, tho it would be nice to see you again. :) Maybe we should aim for Buena Vista instead! Sending you a PM...

illabelle
09-09-2014, 06:36
It's been a while since I last did that section, but if I remember right water is a bit scarce through there. SOBO from VA43 and your not far from the Blue ridge parkway for a goodly while so stealth camping could be iffy. The Bobblets Shelter is only a few miles from VA43 and looks to be an easy hike, I'd shoot for there to camp the first night.

Thank you Slo, that's good info.