PDA

View Full Version : What equipment company wins for "best customer service?"

foodbag
10-11-2005, 20:54
Best customer service I've ever had when buying gear is from Henry Shires (TarpTent). He shipped my Virga before I even put the check in the mail. When I poked some holes in the mesh he sent enough for repairs (free) plus extra for making lightweight stuff sacks. He answered my emails promptly too. I felt like his only customer, with all the attention that I received.

(A close second would be Aaron at Brasslite, tied with the folks at Backcountry Gear).

Just Jeff
10-11-2005, 21:34
I've had awesome service from JRB, Ed Speer, and AYCE at thru-hiker.com. They always answer questions promptly and provide more help than is necessary.

Other companies have taken days to answer emails, sometimes more than a week. These were all bigger companies, though.

Mouse
10-11-2005, 22:19
Well, there is Leki, who replaced my bent poles TWICE on my thru-hike no questions asked. :)

jackiebolen
10-11-2005, 22:33
Hennessy Hammock. Quality company, even sending me a complimentary tree hugger when I lost one. Plus they're Canadian :)

MOWGLI
10-11-2005, 23:02
As far as the large chains are concerned, LL Bean and REI have "no questions asked" return policies. I try and patronize the "little guys" whenever possible though.

By the way, Walasi-Yi Outfitters provided superlative service to me in 2000. The place has since changed hands, but I have only heard nice things about the current owner.

MedicineMan
10-12-2005, 00:10
LLBean as mentioned my Little Bear will replace or refund even after much use, this is awesome if you are using their hiking boots and they dont work out.
Patagonia has replaced a zipper on a fleece jacket that was over 10 years old, maybe older.
JRB, Nunatak, and MacCat offer products that are perfect as is...i've never hurt one of their products (yet) and hope it doesnt happen....maybe one of the Jacks can tell us how they would handle a repair?

buster
10-12-2005, 01:10
Have had nothing but great experiences in dealing with ULA.

Freighttrain
10-12-2005, 01:26
Kelty has given me excellent repair service... all free of charge

Just Jeff
10-12-2005, 01:29
I spend over an hour with two workers trying on boots at Eastern Mountain Sports in New Jersey one day...they acted like it was no big deal.

I put about 30 miles on them through DWG, and EMS took them back with no questions, too. That's the only dealing I had with them since they're in the Northeast, but I was happy with the service.

I was actually pretty disappointed that the boots didn't work out, too. They were the cheapest ones in the store, but they fit so much better than all of the expensive ones I tried. They were just so heavy that my feet felt like cement blocks by the end of the day.

the goat
10-12-2005, 08:00
REI, they take stuff back w/o giving any crap.

Oracle
10-12-2005, 08:18
I've had very good customer service experiences with Backcountry Gear as well.

I like that REI sells off their returns to members, I've gotten some excellent deals on stuff that I could easily repair myself.

Alligator
10-12-2005, 08:23
Just a few returns. REI, never any problem. Also, Sierra Trading Post has a complete satisfaction guarentee. Had great customer from Diamond Brand in NC when fitting boots.

I received excellent customer service last week from an internet company I had never used before, Al's Sporting Goods. I ordered the last sleeping bag of a particular style they had, a long, for a great price. About 1.5 hours later, I got a call. Unfortunately, the bag was mislabeled, it was a regular. The rep wanted to know if I wanted to try the smaller bag or cancel my order. I cancelled, as it wouldn't fit. However, he also checked the net for the bag, discovered that there was no better price, and offered to be a reference for a price match by another company. In other words, buy it at Al's price from somewhere else. That was excellent customer service IMO.

peter_pan
10-12-2005, 08:53
JRB, Nunatak, and MacCat offer products that are perfect as is...i've never hurt one of their products (yet) and hope it doesnt happen....maybe one of the Jacks can tell us how they would handle a repair?

Medicine Man,

Nice to have you as a satisfied customer...Our Philosophy, Guarantee and Disclaimer are all found on our About Us page located here...http://216.83.168.206/About%20Us.htm

Pan

Tha Wookie
10-12-2005, 09:17
I have ordered several of Ray Jardine's kits. One time, I told him a cheaper way to get the postage taken care of to the Caribbean (where I was), and he did it happily.

The next time I put something together wrong and he took the time to write me back an email how to fix the problem.

I never had to return anything.

REI has an unbeatable return policy.

Granger
10-12-2005, 09:29
I had an awesome experience with Big Agnes. I bought their Horse Theif down bag and after a trip realized I am alergic to down. A lot of small companaies will require you to pick something else out BA didn't. When I told them I wanted my money back they did with no questions asked, they even took care of the shipping (both ways).

Footslogger
10-12-2005, 09:46
The best customer service I have received is from the smaller, sometimes called "cottage vendors", who don't sell their products through any commercial outlets. You buy directly from the people who design and make the gear and those are the same people you deal with when you have a question/problem.

At the risk of leaving any of them out I hesitate to make a list ...but you know who you are !!

'Slogger

The Solemates
10-12-2005, 12:13
I know who has the worst customer service ever: GARMONT. THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nameless
10-12-2005, 20:55
Moonbow was a huge help this spring. Originally they made the hip belt to long for me, but they replaced it free and paid to have it overnighted to Maine since I didnt leave enough time between sending the pack to them and starting my hike this summer. The guy who owns and runs Moonbow is extremely kind and even though he was dealing with his partner (who designed and sewed the packs) suddenly leaving his business and moving at the same time I was having my rush business he tried hard to make sure everything was right for me to start my hike. Extremely nice guy. Love the inovations they do too...

Pink

LIhikers
10-14-2005, 14:24
The best customer service I've had came from MSR. I like the way I'm treated by Campmor too.

hotelseven
10-15-2005, 11:22
Here's my votes (in no particular order):

1. MEC
2. Big Agnes
3. Hennessy Hammock
4. Cabelas

I've had above average experiences with all of these companies...

Jack Tarlin
10-15-2005, 14:32
I've had extraordinarily good experiences with the customer service folks at
Osprey Packs, Mountain Hardwear, MSR, Leki, and Merrell.

teachergal
10-15-2005, 15:21
I had a great experience will LL Bean a few years ago...I have a "school pack" backpack that I have had since High School - carried my books in it through High School, College and graduate school, took it to Spain, Ethipoia and Israel, and have used it as a work out bag, hiking backpake etc... The zipper broke and LL Bean doesn't carry the same style/color anymore so I sent my backpack back to them and they fixed it and sent it back!!!!! It was a good as new and I continue to use it.

Also last year I ordered a dog bed from them and it was accidentally delivered to the wrong address - LL Bean shipped out a new one to me immediatly - didn't wait around to see if FedEx found the other one - just overnighted me a new one.

I know they are a "big company" but I have always gotten top notch service and top notch products.

saimyoji
10-15-2005, 15:46
Superlative service. I ordered a baby sleeper for my nephew last winter.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=37906&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=6432&cat4=6431&shop_method=pp&feat=ssdpb6431

It seemed so soft and comfy that I ordered one for myself. Of course it was too small so I sent it back stating that my baby had developed a gland disorder and was now over 150lbs! They retailored the sleeper for me and it fits me great. Sorry, no pics yet.

:banana:banana:banana

Seriously though, I've returned things for reasons other stores would laugh at you for (boots got smelly, rain gear no longer h20 proof, wanted latest style, needed larger size-after 5 yrs, not warm enough, color faded, got bored with it...etc.) and never had a problem. My wife says I'm abusing the system, but its THEIR system....

rainmaker
10-15-2005, 22:18
The folks at Marmot were helpful and courteous when my precip jacket developed problems. They replaced it at no cost.

Cookerhiker
10-18-2005, 21:43
Kelty has given me excellent repair service... all free of charge
A few years ago, Kelty repaired my old external frame pack free of charge. But things got better. I bought a new Kelty Red Cloud in May 2004 and used it for about 900 miles of AT hiking. On my recently completed hike of Maine, the stitching came out in a 3 inch or so stretch along the center outer pocket zipper. I mailed them the pack for repair and they sent me a new replacement pack.

Also, REI let me swap my hiking poles after more than a year of use during which time I had broken off the top of one of them.

Skeemer
10-19-2005, 09:22
Leki has to win hands down...they cheerfully made expensive repairs to my poles two years running now. Who owns them...not some horrible corporation surely?

Who was in the trailer next to them doing sewing repairs...they repaired my tent even though they had nothing to do with making it.

When my Six Moon's pack didn't work for me, they gave me 50% credit toward any item they sell.

Then there's LL Bean...the guide pants I bought from them ripped at the crotch (Miss Janet sewed them up for me when I stayed with her...thanks again MJ) I fooled around and didn't return them until a couple of years later. They no longer sold them. I couldn't believe it when they sent me check...for more than the original amount...I kid you not. They also replaced a pair of boots that failed too soon.

I heard a story on the trail about LLBean...it was some young fellow that wore a pair of boots out through use...not product defect. He returned them and they sent him a new pair.

CynJ
10-19-2005, 09:32
Another LL Bean fan - I think they set the customer service standard a long time ago! No muss no fuss. Not to mention that their products wear like iron. lol....

I haven't done a lot of equipment purchasing yet - but I have been making pre-sales inquiries of a lot of companies if I can't find the info I want on their website. The folks at MSR are great! I got really quick replies to my questions and great info.

DrewNC2005
05-22-2007, 13:43
I've had awesome service from JRB, Ed Speer, and AYCE at thru-hiker.com. They always answer questions promptly and provide more help than is necessary.

Other companies have taken days to answer emails, sometimes more than a week. These were all bigger companies, though.

So far, my dealings with thru-hiker.com have not gone so well. I ordered my quilt kit last Wednesday and AYCE was very helpful while on the phone and promised an arrival date of Monday (..."Tuesday at the latest). Well, today is Tuesday and the mail truck came and went without my quilt kit.

I called AYCE at thru-hiker and asked if my kit had shipped yet. He fumbled around a little with his orders and then told me it went out today - the day it was supposed to arrive. I have a trip planned this weekend and it is highly unlikely that I will be able to complete the quilt beforehand. Needless to say, I am not very happy thus far with thru-hiker.

Cuffs
05-22-2007, 14:35
Take Backcounty.com OFF the list.

I just got off the phone with them... ordered an Osprey pack less than 6 months ago and some seams failed. Being that they only have in stock this years model, (and mine is last years) they will only give me a credit (which would only cover about 1/2 the cost of a new pack)

They told me to call Osprey... which Ive done.

Revolutionist_Rob
05-22-2007, 14:38
Kelty is something special when it comes to repairing. A company worth supporting even if they arent in the ultralight field yet

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-22-2007, 14:56
I've had excellent service with Big Agnes, REI, Campmor and AntiGravityGear. Some I've witnessed with other hikers - Both Jacks at JacksRBetter, Ed & Karen Speer of Speer Hammocks, Henry Shires of Tarptents and Ron Moak of Six Moon Designs.

leeki pole
05-22-2007, 15:11
L.L. Bean. Hands down. They set the bar for customer service.:)

Lilred
05-22-2007, 15:43
Mountain Crossings Outfitters set me up with a ULA pack and spent a half hour at least fitting it to me and letting me carry around various weights. Then they held it for me until I got home and charged it over the phone. They shipped it right out to me. The price, including tax and shipping, was less than the tag on the pack. Great Service!!

Smudge
05-22-2007, 15:56
Cabelas, Bass Proshops, L.L. Bean and REI for the big guys.

Here is San Diego is a little place called C.C. Outdoors and the owner there will jump through hoops to get you what you want at the best price possible. If he doesn't have it in stock he'll get it quick.

mudhead
05-22-2007, 20:13
Take Backcounty.com OFF the list.

I just got off the phone with them... ordered an Osprey pack less than 6 months ago and some seams failed. Being that they only have in stock this years model, (and mine is last years) they will only give me a credit (which would only cover about 1/2 the cost of a new pack)

They told me to call Osprey... which Ive done.

Curious...

Was the call satisfactory?

saimyoji
05-22-2007, 22:29
L.L. Bean. Hands down. They set the bar for customer service.:)

Yep. But sheer volumes of sales allow them more leeway than smaller companies. I've always loved Bean, great service, great quality. Of course, very little of my hiking gear is from Bean....

MrHappy
05-22-2007, 22:40
I had a patagonia jacket for several years. It was on the ground while I was ice climbing and got cramponed by one of my partners. Nearly tore the sleeve off, and was defenitely a user error, not a manufacturing problem. Patagonia replaced it, no questions asked.

I had a black diamond head lamp that stopped working the first time I took it into the woods. I had bought it at E(xpensive) M(ountain) S(h*t). Neither EMS or Black Diamond would replace it. At Trail Days the folks from Princeton Tec swapped it out for their latest top-of-the-line model, along with a little side-kick light that can be clipped or unclipped from the headband. They got a customer for life out of that.

Heater
05-22-2007, 22:45
Yep. But sheer volumes of sales allow them more leeway than smaller companies. I've always loved Bean, great service, great quality. Of course, very little of my hiking gear is from Bean....

The best CS I have recieved was from ULA and Shires. Mainly because they answered their own phones and were receptive to what I was saying without spouting forth predetermined responses.

They seemed to be more personally involved and they listened. :)

saimyoji
05-22-2007, 23:04
The best CS I have recieved was from ULA and Shires. Mainly because they answered their own phones and were receptive to what I was saying without spouting forth predetermined responses.

They seemed to be more personally involved and they listened. :)

Ain't it nice to be a person, not a number? :cool:

Gaiter
05-23-2007, 00:54
last summer, my dog's mountainsmith pack had started falling apart, looked as if one row of stiches on the bottom strap had just barely missed the strap, anyways, her one major time of not listening to me she took off after a deer and came back w/o her pack, me and a church group searched and searched for it, no luck. I'm just glad my dog came back, alive and uninjured,
I called mountainsmith and with out any questions they said "where do we rush it to?" despite the fact that I had only needed the pack replaced they sent the whole 'dog trippin kit' which has the pack, water bowl, food bowl, leash, dog bed

also leki, replaced the bottom half of both my poles, no questions asked at td

And major props to Gregory for making a pack specially for Baggins and calling her a "product tester". For those who haven't been fortunate enough to meet Baggins, she attempted a thru last summer and is about to continue her hike, but she is soooo short (barely 5' if even that)and her pack was ssooooo big, walking behind her you could literally see the very top of her head and then below her knees, the pack completely covered her. she has to wear childrens clothes and shoes because she is so small.

Gaiter
05-23-2007, 00:58
oh and one other thing i forgot to mention, www.gethuman.com is the best website since sliced bread! any major company w/ automated answering services, it list their number and then the quickest way to reach a human
I don't know if any gear companies are on there, but banks, utilities, airlines, stores, etc...

ShakeyLeggs
05-23-2007, 01:10
My best experiences with customer service is;

In 2001 I bought a Dana Designs Alpine LTW pack. After Neels I started to have problems with it. I could not get it to ride straight up and down no matter what I did. I got into town and called Dana and they asked where I would be in 10 days. I told them Gatlinburg. When I got to Gatlinburg I went to the po and waiting for me there was a Terraplane and a return postage sticker to return my pack. Also a note to call them as soon as I mailed it. I did and was asked where I would like to pick up my pack I asked if Damascus was ok and they agreed. Well I got to TDZ got my pack back and returned the Terraplane to the Dana guys at the vendors area. They spent about an hour going over my pack and fitting it to me. Dana found that one of the stays were installed improperly and they also found a hole that they repaired all for free. To bad they were bought out.

In 2001 I bought a MSR filter that I had problems with. At TDZ MSR rebuilt it and replaced the element for free. Also rebuilt my stove and pump for free. I was checking out the PuR filters and told them the problems I had with my MSR and the PuR rep handed me a brand new in the box hiker for free Just blew me away.

Also in 2001 I turned my Leki's in to have them cleaned. When I got them back they had replaced both tips and one of the sections for free.

Now to the present and a company that is getting a very bad pounding on another thread. Last year I ordered a Hennessy ULBA but was sent an Expedition by mistake. Called Hennessy and told them, they shipped me the correct hammock and when I asked them what to do with the Expedition they told me to keep it or donate it to a charity. i kept it and use it as a demo for someone wanting to check out a hammock.

Heater
05-23-2007, 01:11
Ain't it nice to be a person, not a number? :cool:

Very nice. This is what you get with the smaller "cottage" industries that are more involved with their product and customers.

rasudduth
05-23-2007, 02:11
I have had great service from MSR as well. They replaced a 3 year old dragonfly stove by authorizing the gear store I was in to give me a new one they had on their shelf for exchange with no receipt in sight!

Franco
05-23-2007, 03:42
Most of my gear was purchased locally, by that I mean Australia. I tend to build a relationship with the people a deal with, I get great service, they get referrals.
Over there :
Henry Shires (Tarptent), a repeat offender
Brian Frankle (ULA)
The two Jacks ( I love my No Sniveler, soon to be used as the Down To Earth)

Franco

superman
05-23-2007, 06:48
Osprey completely rebuilt my pack completely...no charge....no hassle
Leki poles rebuilt...no charge....no hassle
LL Bean...I'm a third generation Bean shopper. Their products are not nearly made with the same high quality they used to be but the no hassle warranty is still good

Slosteppin
05-23-2007, 07:33
Most of my gear was purchased locally, by that I mean Australia. I tend to build a relationship with the people a deal with, I get great service, they get referrals.
Over there :
Henry Shires (Tarptent), a repeat offender
Brian Frankle (ULA)
The two Jacks ( I love my No Sniveler, soon to be used as the Down To Earth)

Franco

I have to agree about Brian and ULA. I got a new pair of the ULA Overmitts in the mail a few weeks ago. I had carefully measured my hands before turning in the order. The mitts I received were way too small. I called the number listed (on Wednesday) and the person who answered said "this is Brian, how can I help you." We talked about sizing and he picked up a pair the size I had and measured them. Then he said he would send a new larger size. I got the new ones on Friday. Great service, good product.
When I talk with the company owner I know there is a concern about service and making things right.

Slosteppin

rafe
05-23-2007, 07:49
Henry Shires wins my vote for the fastest and most effective customer service correspondence. Truly impressive. As for retailers, I've had almost perfect luck with REI, EMS and Campmor. Their products may be far from perfect, but their exchange policy can't be beat.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-23-2007, 08:29
I had a patagonia jacket ..... defenitely a user error, not a manufacturing problem. Patagonia replaced it, no questions asked.

I had a black diamond head lamp that stopped working the first time I took it into the woods. I had bought it at E(xpensive) M(ountain) S(h*t). Neither EMS or Black Diamond would replace it. At Trail Days the folks from Princeton Tec swapped it out for their latest top-of-the-line model, along with a little side-kick light that can be clipped or unclipped from the headband. They got a customer for life out of that.This thread is really helping me build a list of reliable manufacturers. I just ordered my first Patagucci :D based on your recommendation.
We are also needing new headlamps....
:::dino crosses Black Diamond off list and adds Princeton Tec :::

SteveJ
05-23-2007, 08:43
Companies I've had great customer experience with:

Hennesey Hammock: very responsive on the phone and by email, easy to deal with....
Eureka: I have an old dome 6-man tent for family camping... I've sent it back to them twice for 'user error' type issues - they replaced the rain fly once, the entire set of poles the second time...
Kershaw - recently had a knife w/ sentimental value broken - again definite user error - within a week a completely new knife showed up in my mailbox
Golite - I haven't actually bought one of their products, but when was researching packs for scott, I called their c.s. number. When I questioned how small the waist belt would go, the c.s. rep, said "I'm not sure, why don't I get the engineer that designed that pack on the phone with you?" Within a few minutes, I was talking with the engineer....I was impressed...

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-23-2007, 09:22
I'd be careful about Hennesey Hammocks - several people - including the owner of this site - have had dreadful experiences with HH's customer service.

hammock engineer
05-23-2007, 10:11
I like the big buy in Leki, they replaced a section of my poles and the tips this year at TD for me. I had good dealings with thru-hiker. He told me that my order would ship in 3 to 4 days and I got it a few days after that.

I had nothing but luck with the cottege guys. Moonbow sent me an extra strap for my gearskin, OES McCat was great to start, JRB answered some questions fast for me, Bruce at LuxuryLite answered a lot of emails and then took his pack back when it did not work for me. I always try to order from the little guys when I can.

hammock engineer
05-23-2007, 10:15
Yeah I can't in good conscious recommend hh anymore. I was really unimpressed with his actions.

DawnTreader
05-23-2007, 12:24
JRB: I've ordered from the site twice, and both times, I recived my quilts two business days after ordering.. thats fast....
Campmor....Impressed with their huge selection, great cs, and prompt shipping..
ULA: Made sure my pack arrived in time for my hike last year, even though Brian was obviously backordered and swamped with his own trip planning..
OES: Who needs CS when his sends his product so perfect??
Campsaver.com: Great prices, over the phone service sounded very genuine.. After ordering, the phone dude asked if I had and questions about the product, then proceeded to inform me of different ways to use the product,clean, care ect.

Cuffs
05-23-2007, 15:32
Curious...

Was the call satisfactory?

I guess I should have clarified earlier... Yes, the CS person was very curteous and polite. I just thought that since they sold me the pack and it did not perform the way it should, they should have taken it back and replaced it...

I sent it off to Osprey today, so we'll see...

Cuffs
05-23-2007, 15:37
This thread is really helping me build a list of reliable manufacturers. I just ordered my first Patagucci :D based on your recommendation.
We are also needing new headlamps....
:::dino crosses Black Diamond off list and adds Princeton Tec :::

My first headlamp was a PTech that I got at the REI members only sale... the catch/tab that kept the battery compartment closed was broken off... I called PTech soon as I got home, game make/model/problem to them, they sent out replacement.

Ive since switched to the 1.5 oz Petzl e+lite, but for service, Princeton Tech was great!

cannonball
05-23-2007, 19:19
Big Agnes, hands down.

DavidNH
05-23-2007, 20:44
I think it would be tough to beat MSR. I have had great luck with everything I have gotten from them (stove, hydration bladder, water filter). Their customer service is as good as it gets!

DavidNH

MrHappy
05-24-2007, 02:54
Then there's LL Bean...the guide pants I bought from them ripped at the crotch (Miss Janet sewed them up for me when I stayed with her...thanks again MJ)

I hope you took them off before Miss Janet went to work on sewing the crotch :eek:

BigFoot2002
05-24-2007, 03:14
My Hennessey hammock customer service was great.

kdholmwood
05-26-2007, 16:12
George Andrews of Anti Gravity Gear and Rand Lindsly of Trail Designs sent me their excellent Caldera Cone for my msr Titan .85 recently. Through no fault of theirs, it didn't fit properly because I had an old model kettle which was smaller in diameter than recent ones. Their response, after patiently analysing the problem, was to ship me - in the UK -a new kettle to fit my Caldera, in exchange for my old one. The system works superbly and their conscientiousness is inspiring.

By contrast, The North Face (Europe) took seven months to replace a defective tent pole for me; and the UK suppliers of my Jetboil - Field and Trek - implied I had deliberately sabotaged it when the steel around the burner mesh unfurled as it over-heated.

Henry Shires is a pleasure to deal with, as is Brian Frankl - both completely committed to supplying first class equipment at very reasonable prices.

Keith

rafe
05-26-2007, 16:54
I'll put in a good word for the Tin Man (Mr. Anti-Gravity Gear) as well.

Quoddy
05-26-2007, 18:08
Brian at ULA and Henry at TarpTent are both great.

funbun
05-27-2007, 20:53
Sperr Hammocks, Anti Gravity Gear

buckowens
05-28-2007, 08:30
In addition to those mentioned I have had great dealings with www.Basegear.com (http://www.Basegear.com), who have great customer service and some of the quickest shipping I have seen.

Appalachian Tater
05-28-2007, 20:57
Small firm: Henry Shires' Tarptent.
Large firm: L.L. Bean.

Both from personal experience as well as reputation.

It is important to distinguish between small and large firms because of the resources at their disposal. L.L. Bean has polite, helpful people answering the phone 'round the clock. You shouldn't expect a small firm to answer the phone at 10 pm on Sunday, for instance.

QHShowoman
05-29-2007, 14:45
Seriously though, I've returned things for reasons other stores would laugh at you for (boots got smelly, rain gear no longer h20 proof, wanted latest style, needed larger size-after 5 yrs, not warm enough, color faded, got bored with it...etc.) and never had a problem. My wife says I'm abusing the system, but its THEIR system....

And you're proud of this? Your wife is correct -- you are abusing the system. Just because you don't feel like it affects you personally, doesn't make it right.

burger
05-29-2007, 16:25
I just wanted to add that Gregory was great on my hike last year. I broke the frame on my Z-pack (while stupidly trying to "adjust" it by bending it). Since it was my fault and the pack was bought used, I thought I was screwed. But it turned out great--Gregory sent me a replacement pack and fixed the old pack, all for free with no questions asked. And woman I dealt with was extremely nice and understanding about everything.

Madmax
08-04-2007, 17:35
www.sixmoondesigns.com (http://www.sixmoondesigns.com) and www.hike-lite.co.uk (http://www.hike-lite.co.uk)