PDA

View Full Version : Hammock Help

Austin316
09-10-2014, 19:18
Hey guys,

New to this forum... what is the general consensus on Hennessy Hammocks? Thanks in advance!

chiefduffy
09-10-2014, 20:02
Hennesy Hammocks sells fine products. The other very popular brand is Warbonnet Outdoors. There is a bit of a learning curve to hammock camping, but most folks that try it love it. For tons of info and hammock talk, go to hammockforums.net

WILLIAM HAYES
09-10-2014, 20:14
i have had hennessey hammocks before but prefer my warbonnet blackbird double bottom go to hammock forums if you are new to using hammocks or thinking about it you can pick up some good information there

The Old Boot
09-10-2014, 20:43
Be prepared to spend many hours researching hammocks, tarps, suspension systems and methods of staying warm. Head to Hammockforums.com and start reading. Also spend the time watching Shugs collection of videos on UTube.

The ones that don't spend hours doing research seem to usually end up buying systems and either keeping them for spares or selling them off when they find something that suits them better.

bigcranky
09-10-2014, 20:57
I've used a Hennessy since 2004, love it for solo hiking.

overthinker
09-17-2014, 14:41
Never used one myself, but the youtube user Sintax77 has one that he likes and previews a bunch. In one of his recent videos, he swapped out the standard tiny tarp for a larger one, which he seemed to enjoy. Never understood the thinking behind the tiny tarp except for weight - I like my giant 12 footer.