PDA

View Full Version : ALDHA Anniversary DVD

weathercarrot
10-11-2005, 22:02
here's a message from Jojo and myself that will soon be sent to the ALDHA membership. I thought it might be good to post it here as well.

wc

========================================

Hi -

Next year is the 25th annual Gathering of the Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association. Over the next several months we are planning to put together a commemorative DVD profiling the entire history of the Gatherings and ALDHA as a way to celebrate this occasion. We'd like to present this as part of next year's Friday evening program, as well as each attendee receiving a DVD copy as part of their registration packet. But to create a complete visual display of ALDHA history, and to do it artistically, we need to collect a significant amount of material, from the original 1982 Gathering all the way up to the present time. We're looking for prints, slides, audio or video recordings, and digital images. The more we receive, the more there will be to choose from to make it as creative as possible. And given that ALDHA consists of more than Gatherings, we're also interested in images from spring meetings, work trips, and the presence of ALDHA in relation to other events, towns, etc. Each contributor would be credited at the close of the video.

Jolene "Jojo" Koby-Burley will be collecting all of the material, as well as taking care of any scanning for the prints and slides. They will then be sent back to the contributor, and if you wish, a copy of the scanned versions can be included as well. Regarding the labeling of images, it is important that we know which year a photo was taken, but other identifying info is not as necessary. This would apply whether they are print, slide, or digital.

When everything is collected and digitized, it will be sent to Weathercarrot, who will then put the video together over the winter in time for a showing at the ALDHA spring meeting. Given the time constraints of computer access, (this will be produced between December and February) we have a deadline of early December to collect the images and any audio/video. Jojo's e-mail address is:

[email protected]

Let her know if you're interested, and she'll send you a mailing address or alternate e-mail address to send material. Digital photos can either be sent on CD to her mailing address or e-mailed directly. CD's are better if you have more than a few shots. Higher resolution is more ideal because it allows for more options in the editing process.

We'd like to think of this project as a group effort that everyone in ALDHA will benefit from. So if you've got anything from any ALDHA event you may have attended, we would be extremely grateful for your help. Thanks very much and we hope to hear from you. Take care,

Weathercarrot and Jojo

Roland
10-11-2005, 23:04
Weathercarrot,

I am new to the ALDHA scene, so I have no memorabilia to contribute to the anniversary DVD. Having viewed your wonderful picture story of the PCT last Sunday night, I know the anniversary DVD will be fabulous. I encourage past Gathering participants to dig through their photo albums to feed your artistic creativity.

Thank you for the DVD you gave us. It will get plenty of play-time. I heard great things about the AT film you showed last year. I'd love to buy a copy, if it is still available. Please advise.

Roland

weathercarrot
10-12-2005, 08:42
Several people have requested copies of the AT DVD in the past several months, but I've had no access to my spare copies all summer. I'm hoping to send them out to people this winter. Just send a mailing address.