PDA

View Full Version : Btsidi

hikehunter
09-11-2014, 02:56
Been There Seen It Done It.................

For those that are new to hiking.......you have very little to go on............

Fore those that have been hiking/camping/whatever.........you know what is going on............

Please remember that most people that are using this site have been hiking / camping for more than ONE YEAR....
sometimes, you do not need to "preach" your way of hiking/camping to them.... I like to hear new ideas and different ways to do things.
It helps me learn,,,,,,however; I have see some real mean and nasty come backs on some posts that I know have other people upset...and feeling degraded......
I feel that that is not the reason to post.... "help your fellow man" .....give positive feed back....yes some new people ask things ...that are crazy............... they are uninformed....see them as that way.... "Teach the truth" do not "preach the truth".....

rocketsocks
09-11-2014, 05:08
I'll buy that for a dollar.:)

10-K
09-11-2014, 05:31
At some point, it helps to actually go hiking. :)

Tipi Walter
09-11-2014, 07:05
Experienced hikers and backpackers have stuff to offer but are limited by their geography or place of expertise; some are experts in the cold North, some are experts in the desert, some on high elevation mountains, some in the Southeast mountains. So, when an "expert" offers advice it's usually limited to the locale he knows best and isn't therefore applicable to many other areas or people.

Then again, sleeping out and hiking is simply sleeping out and hiking and these facets are all the same in varying conditions. Whiteblaze can get combative but Hikehunter, I'd like to see examples of some nasty come backs, etc. Not to prove you wrong but to get an early morning laugh.

July
09-11-2014, 09:35
Example...with the Military, soldiers are equipped which the same equipmt accross the board, (generally speaking unit dependent). In civilian life there are literally thousands of gear options, and usually an opinion to go with each one!