PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky Finished CDT

Squeaky 2
10-12-2005, 16:42
Hi there, just to let you all know Squeaky has now finished the 'CDT' in 75 days and 20 hours, that completes 2 trails back to back this year the 'PCT & CDT' what an amazing feat. The 'CDT' was 2700 miles and now Squeaky is at 'El Paso' Airport catching his flight up to 'JFK', and will be on the 'AT' on 15th October to try to complete the 'Triple Crown' this year. He sounds in fantastic form and has been walking between 44 and 50 everyday for the last few weeks.
His family are all back in England and N. Ireland and we wish him all the very best with the AT. We will all be flying to Springer to meet him and his party will begin.

Well done Squeaky, from a very very proud family.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

The Solemates
10-12-2005, 16:48
We will all be flying to Springer to meet him and his party will begin.

Well done Squeaky, from a very very proud family.

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

i imagine so. when does he expect to finish at springer? christmas?

Squeaky 2
10-12-2005, 17:32
i imagine so. when does he expect to finish at springer? christmas?
No, he is hoping to be down in under 60 days, so therefore about the 10th December, depending on his health, weather and whatever else the trail throws at him, He will give it a good go anyway.
Stef

Oracle
10-12-2005, 17:37
Is he slackpacking or carrying his own food/gear/etc.?

Squeaky 2
10-12-2005, 17:40
Is he slackpacking or carrying his own food/gear/etc.?

He is carrying all his own food, gear, and doing all his town stops. Totally unsupported.

Stef

Nean
10-12-2005, 19:06
...and first person to hike 2 trails end to end in one year!!:clap

Lone Wolf
10-12-2005, 19:09
Did Flyin Brian have any kind of support at any time?

Sly
10-12-2005, 19:17
Did Flyin Brian have any kind of support at any time?

Just mail drops and rides to trailheads.

Blister
10-13-2005, 08:59
There is also Hellkat out there that has left northbound in New Hampshire yesturday. We all met him early last winter at the Billville winter warmer at the Doyle. He made it all the way to Dalton Mass this spring before getting off and heading out to the PCT - finished that hike and is back here to hike until Dec 29th. I am sure he will finish the AT section that he needs - giving him the AT and the PCT in one year.
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Mags
10-13-2005, 14:36
Way to go Squaky...keep on trucking...er hiking. :)

Squeaky 2
10-14-2005, 03:41
Hi there Dan, I read your message and have tried to contact you but the email address will not connect. Please get in touch through Squeaky's email and I will drop you a message from Squeaky.

Thanks his mum Stef