PDA

View Full Version : sleeping bags/quilts

squeezebox
09-15-2014, 09:23
Any comments about zpacks vs. enlightened equipment would be appreciated.
Thanks !!

saltysack
09-15-2014, 09:24
Try jacks r better;)...all above are great!! Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjozgrunt
09-16-2014, 07:59
There is not much to choose between them although the Zpacks is a little dearer. I went the Zpacks 20f with a full zip so if I want I can use it like a sleeping bag.

Nooga
09-16-2014, 09:13
I have both. You can't go wrong. A couple of differences. The Zpacks uses radial baffles, which allows you to shift the down. I have the EE Enigma which has vertical baffles and the down remains in place. I prefer the EE in this regard as I am a restless (left, right, left, right) sleeper and the Zpacks down would shift during the night. I also found the EE temp rating to be more conservative and I think if you look at the fill wts of comparable quilts you will see that they use more down.

overthinker
09-16-2014, 23:44
There's also Hammock Gear! Not just for hammockers, you can get a width for a ground sleeper too. I have a 20* Burrow top quilt that is fantastic!

dbright
09-18-2014, 15:47
CAn anyone tell me if you compress a down bag will it hurt the bag to compress it too much. The bag I have came with a compression sack but I have a z-packs compression sack that would make it smaller to fit in the backpack

saltysack
09-18-2014, 15:53
I've always heard that as long as it's not kept compressed for extended times it's ok but with that said I use a ula circuit lined w a trash compactor bag to store all my dry cloths , sleep bags etc so I can fill the pack out as carries much better than several dry bags....perfect no but works for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk