PDA

View Full Version : Photos....

Hammock Hanger
10-12-2005, 19:38
I see that there is a new format for the photos. I also saw that ALL but 2 of my photos are GONE!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (Good thing I just looked at all of them last week.)

smokymtnsteve
10-12-2005, 19:43
try again by viewing "all my images"

I had thought the same about missing pics but they are there.

Rain Man
10-12-2005, 20:10
I haven't been able to view any pics for a couple of days. Just get a message that they are being moved to a new server.

Rain:sunMan

smokymtnsteve
10-12-2005, 21:27
eye kin C yor pics rainman :sun

attroll
10-13-2005, 00:31
Yes we did switch to a different software for our gallery. The software we were using in the past became a real pain in the butt every time an update came out to upgrade to. It was not user friendly for us admins when it cam to upgrading. I am sorry I switch without telling anyone. It was one of those decisions I made on my own so don't shoot me. I am still learning this new photo software. So bare with me on this.

As far as I can tell the MEMBERS GALLERY does not work like our old one. I am looking into this though. None of the photos got lost in the transfer to the new program. From what I can see is that the photo's are all there but the new software does not use the members gallery the same as the old software did. If you go into the gallery and click the gallery SEARCH button and then fill in the block under SEARCH BY USER NAME and put Rain Man or Hammock Hanger and then make sure that SEARCH ALL CATEGORIES is highlited and click SEARCH NOW it will pull up all photos that person uploaded. So they did not get lost it just handles them a little differently.

attroll
10-13-2005, 00:40
While I am on the subject. There is a major upgrade to the forum software that needs to be done. I am holding off for a bit but it has to be done. This is something that will have the site down for most of the day once I start the upgrade. That is why I am holding off. I know there are some out there that may not be able to live without WhiteBlaze for a day but your going to have to. Sorry. I will try and post ahead of time when I am going to do this.

sierraDoug
10-13-2005, 00:47
While I am on the subject. There is a major upgrade to the forum software that needs to be done. I am holding off for a bit but it has to be done. This is something that will have the site down for most of the day once I start the upgrade. That is why I am holding off. I know there are some out there that may not be able to live without WhiteBlaze for a day but your going to have to. Sorry. I will try and post ahead of time when I am going to do this.
To those who can't live single day without whiteblaze to look at, I say...
Take a hike! :p

Hammock Hanger
10-13-2005, 07:58
Yes we did switch to a different software for our gallery. The software we were using in the past became a real pain in the butt every time an update came out to upgrade to. It was not user friendly for us admins when it cam to upgrading. I am sorry I switch without telling anyone. It was one of those decisions I made on my own so don't shoot me. I am still learning this new photo software. So bare with me on this.

As far as I can tell the MEMBERS GALLERY does not work like our old one. I am looking into this though. None of the photos got lost in the transfer to the new program. From what I can see is that the photo's are all there but the new software does not use the members gallery the same as the old software did. If you go into the gallery and click the gallery SEARCH button and then fill in the block under SEARCH BY USER NAME and put Rain Man or Hammock Hanger and then make sure that SEARCH ALL CATEGORIES is highlited and click SEARCH NOW it will pull up all photos that person uploaded. So they did not get lost it just handles them a little differently.
Thanks ATTroll I found them.

You make all the executive decisions you want. You always have the sites best interest in mind.

Sue

Rain Man
10-13-2005, 09:23
eye kin C yor pics rainman :sun

SMS, you may not know, but there is a new WhiteBlaze guy who took the name of Rainman, while mine is Rain Man. Sorry for the confusion that may cause!

Rain:sunMan

Cookerhiker
10-13-2005, 10:06
I found all my photos but it doesn't appear I can sort them like in the past.

Cookerhiker
10-13-2005, 10:30
I found all my photos but it doesn't appear I can sort them like in the past.Yeah, I can. I should have looked at the bottom.

soulrebel
10-13-2005, 14:27
Here's some power toys that will help pic posters...

Check out the image resizer---it'll make all your pics small enough for uploading on the web

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

attroll
10-16-2005, 00:58
I have fixed it so that when you now look at the Members Gallery that is shows all pictures upload by that user.

The Old Fhart
10-16-2005, 08:26
I can see all my photos once again, thanks Attroll. Now if you could get the comment field to show below the individual photos as before, that would be great. There is also a problem with photos that have more than one comment. Clicking on the photo only shows a maximum of one comment, no matter how many the photo has.

Rain Man
10-16-2005, 10:38
Here's some power toys that will help pic posters...

Might be nice if you warned folks this is only good for Windows XP.

Anybody got any such utilities for other versions and other O/S's?

Rain Man

Youngblood
10-16-2005, 11:15
Might be nice if you warned folks this is only good for Windows XP.

Anybody got any such utilities for other versions and other O/S's?

Rain Man

.I've used this for years: http://www.irfanview.com/ .

Youngblood

Whistler
10-16-2005, 12:18
For resizing, I just use the photo software that came with my camera, Fuji Finepixviewer. There's a pretty easy resize function built in.

And speaking of photos, I just threw up a few random ones from this summer. I think the flowers are the best, but there are some other people and places worth seeing. If I ever get my huge panoramas together, I'll get those up too.
-Mark

attroll
10-16-2005, 13:50
I can see all my photos once again, thanks Attroll. Now if you could get the comment field to show below the individual photos as before, that would be great. There is also a problem with photos that have more than one comment. Clicking on the photo only shows a maximum of one comment, no matter how many the photo has.
I fixed it so that the description field is is set so you can read all of the description now. I also added the title to the thumbnails on the front page. I left them off because it didn't seem to look right.

Roland
10-16-2005, 13:58
Nice job with the photo gallery, AT Troll. I like the upgrade.