PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the Gathering in Williamstown?

rafe
09-17-2014, 21:02
I've only been to one other (Gettysburg, 2007) but this one's closer to home, so why not? Should be good for leaf-peeping as well.

Cookerhiker
09-18-2014, 09:19
I'm going. In addition to taking advantage of the proximity to the Northville-Placid Trail where I start my hike on Sept 25, I'll be selling my books (no surprise:))

Jeff
09-18-2014, 09:36
Almost in my backyard.....see you there !!!!

Cosmo
09-18-2014, 20:53
Almost in my backyard.....see you there !!!!

It's actually in my backyard (or within a mile). The Friday and Saturday evening events will be in the performing arts center I manage. I'll also be leading one of the work projects on Monday

See you there,

Cosmo

rafe
09-19-2014, 13:38
I'm curious at the lack of responses here. Is it just that the "center of mass" of Whiteblaze is too far south for the trek to Williamstown?

rickb
09-19-2014, 14:06
I'm curious at the lack of responses here. Is it just that the "center of mass" of Whiteblaze is too far south for the trek to Williamstown?

I just want to be able to sneak up on you without warning-- to say hello.:)

For my part, I am not one who is a joiner and groups are not not my thing at all. I am not a pack animal.

That said, I am now an ALDHA member and went to my first and only gathering the last time it was in Williamstown and I am very much looking forward to going again this year. Apart from the conference activities and way hikers interact like no others, the area has a lot to offer as well -- for those thinking about bringing some non-hardcore friends or family along.

Jack Tarlin
09-19-2014, 14:17
I went to my first ALDHA Gathering in October of 1994 and I've been going back ever since. This is a GREAT time and I hope lots of you, especially prospective thru-hikers, will try to attend. See www.aldha.org for more information on this year's event and what it offers.

rafe
09-19-2014, 14:41
Hi RickB -- I hope we finally get to meet. Speaking of family, my wife will be with me though not necessarily at the Gathering for all three days. We have some other "business" in the area, ie., scoping out a town to retire to. Could be Williamstown, or elsewhere in the Berkshires.

Malto
09-19-2014, 19:31
If it were a week later then I would make the trek up from PA. But I will be recovering from ALDHA-West and the Wonderland trail in the weeks before.

coach lou
09-20-2014, 07:25
I see a lot of you folks that I have had chats with here are going, but I miss meeting again. i will be walking in Maryland. I do believe that Mike Smith fella will be showing up.

Cosmo.......I would alert campus security!:)

bamboo bob
09-20-2014, 08:11
Yup, at least for a portion. I'll camp. But i have a wedding on Sunday to go to.

sfdoc
09-20-2014, 10:00
I'll be there.

CrumbSnatcher
09-20-2014, 11:43
life time member
times i've made it to the gathering 0 :-(
trying to move closer to the trail so i stop missing out on the fun stuff :-)

Sly
09-20-2014, 13:21

ALDHA's membership is split nearly 40/40/15/5 north/south/central/west. Although I havetheo facts to back it up, I imagine Whiteblaze is similar.

BTW, you don't have to be a member to attend. $20 for a weekend of programs/presentations/workshop, includes camping.

Check it out! (http://www.aldha.org/gathering.html)