PDA

View Full Version : Good pair of winter boots!

leftorright
09-19-2014, 19:43
I had an awesome pair of winter boots. Don't remember what brand or anything but I do remember my parents buying them for me when I was like 14 and they cost over 100$ and I couldn't believe they spent that much money on me. Unfortunately a dog ate them 3-4 years ago... I've had several different types of boots since I've tried what the farmers here in Missouri wear, which is pull on rubber boots with thick socks. Didn't much care for that setup. I need something that's mid calf to knee high with good traction and they need to be mostly water/ powder proof. I am wlling to invest in a good pair of boots but I know price does not always mean quality Anybody have a lead on where/ what to start looking?

The Cleaner
09-19-2014, 19:52
Vasque Snowburbans......

Ia wonder
09-20-2014, 10:21
Cleaner, are these a hiking boot or more like a big snowboot (like Sorels) ?

The Cleaner
09-20-2014, 16:00
The Snowburbans are pretty much just hiking boots with a gore-tex type liner and some Thinsulate insulation. Vasque makes a few other boots for winter wear. I got mine on sale for a little over a $100. I only wear them Nov. to late Apr. The insulation makes them too warm to wear in the warmer months.28382

leftorright
09-20-2014, 20:19
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BLQE3VO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1TFBK3C7LO58P I'm looking at these and Baffin sells extra liners for them.