PDA

View Full Version : New Food Idea...

Jack Tarlin
10-13-2005, 21:14
I recently met a young entrepeneur at Fve-Olde, the only bar in Hanover worth a damn. He's an interesting fellow, and certainly is one of the more unusual Business School students I've met.

In any case, he's started a new and different food company that might interest some of you.

www.eathufu.com

SGT Rock
10-13-2005, 21:25
How does he varify he got the taste right?

Alligator
10-13-2005, 21:44
I am thinking about switching, the fat content has gone up considerably in the real thing.

Mouse
10-13-2005, 22:35
Mmmmmmmm, vegan "long pig"! :eek:

Mountain Hippie
10-13-2005, 23:59
I am really looking forward to Hufu Doctor Lecter's Liver.

The General
10-14-2005, 04:35
This is a great Idea, Ultra light enthusiast's can take theirs along with them to carry their gear and just take off selective cuts as they require them as they go along. With the lighter load and selective harvesting of the Hufu you should get 1,000 miles plus from a strong partner before having to pick up desert at the Outfitter at Harpers Ferry. So that would mean only one re-supply required for the whole trip. mmmm got to be worth a try.
Is Hufu Hiking the way ahead?

Streamweaver
10-14-2005, 11:06
LOL thats funny,I just read a short story by Stephen King about a surgeon stranded on a deserted island with no food.So he started by cutting off his broken ankle and eating it.Then worked his way up that leg then to the other and then his left hand etc etc...LOL I want one of the HUFU tee shirts to go with my "Road kill Cafe" tee! :D

D'Artagnan
10-14-2005, 11:16
Read Michael Crichton's "State of Fear" for a very descriptive cannibalism experience. (It also posits some interesting notions on global warming.)

rickb
10-14-2005, 11:20
Sgt Rock asks, "How does he varify he got the taste right?"

Good Question :)

Paul Theroux, wrote the following in his excellent book about his travels in the South Pacific (primarily by way of his folding Kayak).

It was a theory of mine that former cannibals of Oceania now feasted on Spam because Spam came the nearest to approximating the porky taste of human flesh. `Long pig' as they called a cooked human being in much of Melanesia. It was a fact that the people-eaters of the Pacific had all evolved, or perhaps degenerated, into Spam-eaters. And in the absence of Spam they settled for corned beef, which also had a corpsy flavor.

Just Jeff
10-14-2005, 11:21
Apparently several the scientists Crichton cited claimed that he grossly misapplied their work.

Tabasco
10-14-2005, 11:56
Didn't we just have a thread on this subject??

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10630

Brings a whole new meaning to the term Manwich...

tlbj6142
10-14-2005, 12:39
"The Veal of the Sea" T-Shirt rocks. I just might have to buy one of those.

IdahoDavid
10-14-2005, 13:31
This all reminds of the old story of the two cannibals sitting down to dinner.

One cannibal looked unhappy and his friend asked, "Why the long face?"

"Oh, I really hate my mother-in-law," the man replies.

"Well," came the response, "just eat the potatoes."

Tabasco
10-14-2005, 14:04
Know why cannibals hate clowns?

They taste funny..............

Fiddler
11-08-2005, 16:51
Then there was the cannibal party where everyone was dancing around the pot, sticking their fork in and taking whatever came up. One cannibal asked another "Are you enjoying the party?" Came the reply "I'm having a BALL!!!"

The Old Fhart
11-08-2005, 19:30
Did you hear about the cannibal that passed his brother in the woods? :D

rickb
11-08-2005, 20:41
Not sure about you two, but I suspect I'd not be alone if I said those were the first "adult" jokes I can remember hearing from "Dad"-- and told over and over again much to the apparent dismay of out mothers.

Thanks for taking me back 40 years!

:) :) :)

Scrunchy
11-08-2005, 22:25
Did you hear about the cannibal that passed his brother in the woods? :D
Oooohhh....that is so bad! :D

TDale
11-09-2005, 00:17
"It was a theory of mine that former cannibals of Oceania now feasted on Spam because Spam came the nearest to approximating the porky taste of human flesh. `Long pig' as they called a cooked human being in much of Melanesia. It was a fact that the people-eaters of the Pacific had all evolved, or perhaps degenerated, into Spam-eaters. And in the absence of Spam they settled for corned beef, which also had a corpsy flavor"

That's disturbing. I like SPAM and corned beef.

Just Jeff
11-09-2005, 00:18
Oooohhh....that is so bad! :D

Yeah, but he was a cute little turd...

Uncle Silly
11-09-2005, 16:27
How does he varify he got the taste right?

from the website's FAQ:

"How do you know HufuTM tastes like human flesh?
The taste and texture of HufuTM are the result of painstaking research and extensive testing in our kitchens. We are supremely confident that our food products would satisfy the tastes of even the most demanding cannibal."

Soylent Green: It's People! :jump