PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade?

flemdawg1
09-23-2014, 15:31
I have a ENO Singlenest, and Pro Fly Tarp with Slap Strap Pro tree straps. I use a TR Prolite small because I occasionally use shelters. And normally a Golite 40deg down quilt. I have been talking to my daughter (14yo) about joining me for some section hikes, and she wants her own hammock rig. Should I pass down mine and upgrade (to what and why?), or let her pick out her own rig?

OCDave
09-23-2014, 17:45
You should absolutely uprade! Consider Wilderness Logics Lite Owl w/Tree Straps and Whoopie Slings ~$125 (Everything you like about your ENO and more). Eventually your daughter will steal your Lite Owl, Then you'll have the opportunity to start looking again.

2Ply
09-23-2014, 18:25
If you don't do anything else you should upgrade your suspension. The slap straps stretch. If you like the style Atlas Straps do not stretch out on you.

overthinker
09-25-2014, 20:36
So many options. I always recommend going longer and wider than the ENO - should measure out to 9.5 feet. I've got an 11 footer from Dream Hammock which is awesome.

Also, don't discount the DIY table cloth hammock. I really like my crinkle taffeta DIY gathered end, and they cost about $30 to make, all told.