PDA

View Full Version : Water between Harpers Ferry and Duncanon

hikernutcasey
09-24-2014, 09:02
Sorry to post this in the general forum but after putting it in straight forward I only had one response. I was told water at Darlington and Quarry Gap might be scarce. Any reports from the area? Leaving Saturday and would like to have some info. before we set out. Thanks

Spirit Walker
09-24-2014, 12:49
I don't know for sure, except that it has been very dry in southern PA this summer/fall. At Birch Run and elsewhere, you may need to go upstream or down to look for puddles that have some water, in places where the stream isn't flowing. The creek near Quarry Gap still has a little water, but it's low.

hikernutcasey
09-25-2014, 11:22
I don't know for sure, except that it has been very dry in southern PA this summer/fall. At Birch Run and elsewhere, you may need to go upstream or down to look for puddles that have some water, in places where the stream isn't flowing. The creek near Quarry Gap still has a little water, but it's low.Thanks Spirit. I think we will be O.K. for the most part. Hope the stream at Quarry still has water though. Otherwise it's going to make for a long day pushing on to Caledonia.