PDA

View Full Version : ULA Customer service

10-K
09-25-2014, 12:40
Thought I'd share this....

I used a ULA pack on my PCT thru hike this summer. Long story short, towards the end of my hike the right hipbelt zipper failed and wouldn't zip. This is where I kept my phone - and my phone was my camera and navigational aid.

Having taken almost 1000 photos and consulted my GPS a few hundred times I think it's safe to say I wore it out.

When I got home I emailed ULA about purchasing another hipbelt. I got a reply back within a few hours letting me know they'd ship me a new one.

saltysack
09-25-2014, 12:58
+1 great service....I hope to get to wear out my circuit one day!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-Rx
09-25-2014, 13:00
Good info. 10K since I also use a ULA pack. This is another example of what I have a true appreciation for among the backpacking equipment manufacturers. Their customer service is generally outstanding! In my humble opinion this is a rare thing in today's automated impersonal world.

10-K
09-25-2014, 13:03
Yes, and to be clear I sure don't feel like they owed me a free hipbelt replacement because I wore out a zipper. My inquiry was about how to purchase just a belt.

I never dreamed they'd send me a replacement at no cost - not even shipping charges.

Dogwood
09-25-2014, 13:03
Had a ULA CDT w/ the rather flimsy easy to tear tulle like mesh used for the outside pockets. The backpack had many more useful miles on it despite having already been used for 4k trail miles other than for that mesh that had copious tears and holes in it. ULA sent me free new mesh with no problem. ULA has since gone to a better more durable outside pocket material. ULA has always been good to me. I'm currently on my 5th Ultra Light Adventures CDT backpack getting about 4-5k trail miles on each one which in my mind is a great value for $125-135 for one of the lightest wt backpacks in this volume rucksack category.

swisscross
09-25-2014, 16:35
Best customer service of any company that I have EVER dealt with.
The owner, Chris, emailed me twice while he was vacationing in Spain.

Coffee
09-25-2014, 17:14
I'm amazed at how new my ULA Circuit still looks after about 1100 miles once I washed it. I'm not at all surprised when I read that the expected lifespan might be 4-5,000 miles.

PackHorse
09-25-2014, 20:38
Best customer service of any company that I have EVER dealt with.

+1 on this... I inquired about getting a few pieces that were missing on my Catalyst, with every intention to purchase them. Chris sent them to me free of charge. Also, explained how to modify the support system for my body. Cant wait to buy my next ULA pack, love them.

atmilkman
09-25-2014, 21:47
I'm amazed at how new my ULA Circuit still looks after about 1100 miles once I washed it. I'm not at all surprised when I read that the expected lifespan might be 4-5,000 miles.
Same here. Just washed my Circuit yesterday in a storage tub. Couldn't believe how black the water was. Didn't look that dirty. Red 500 denier that looks great now except for the hole in the bottom and the elastic band that has become separated from the mesh back pocket. That's why I washed it. Called Chris and told him what was up and he said give it a wash and send it in. When it gets back I'll post about the repair. I'm sure it will be good. On another note about service, I broke the buckle on the long center strap that goes over the top in the middle. Called Chris and asked about buying a new one. He asked - what happened? Those don't usually break. I told him I pulled it too hard and stretched the heck out of the prongs. He laughed. I'll send you a new one. I asked how much do I owe you. No charge. I was leaving for Springer in 2 days. Had 2 new buckles waiting for me at the desk at Amicalola Falls State Park when I got there. Some things you can't put a price. ULA's service is one of them.
Another example I just remembered. I was in between sizes on the hip belt. They sent me both at no extra charge and told me to try them out and send back the one I didn't want. Take my time no hurry. Can't beat that.

MuddyWaters
09-25-2014, 22:39
Chris changed the belt on my old ohm , no charge, not even shipping which is "real" cost of about $17 then.

saltysack
09-26-2014, 06:48
Y I'm a customer for life.....as little as I get to go ... My first ula will prob be the last....4-6 @ 40-60 mile section hikes a year doubt I'll ever wear it out !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk