PDA

View Full Version : At rules

freightliner
09-27-2014, 23:15
I think the saying hike your on hike is BS. If you see anyone breaking and of these rules you should say HEY THATS AGINST THE RULES.

Rule #1.....Don't climb in your sleeping bag until you pee. I get in zip up and thats when it we hit me. Oh man I forgot to pee. I start by thinking its
not so bad ill just put it out of my head but Its there and won't go away. If I get up everyone will know I broke rule #1. Finally I get up and blame
it on getting old sucks.

Snickers rule....On the third day out do not pull a snickers bar out of your feed sack and say mmm snickers bar Its just wrong on so many levels.

Shoe rule....Don't take your shoe off and stick it under somebodies nose saying you got to smell this. I learned this rule a while back when I climb in my
sleeping bag to that persons sock at the bottom of bag.

Skunk Rule....If you and a skunk see a M&M on the ground at the same time don't try to get to it first It will end badly.

Bear rule....Don't follow a bear around to see if a bear dose poop in the woods. They like there privacy and will use you as TP. If you have never heard of this
before its because who would admit to being used as TP.

3&3 rule....Always carry three dollars and three quarters with you at all times. If you come across a soda machine with no money you will have suicidal
thoughts. Its also good for if you come across some trail magic and you being a good person want to pay it forward.

Slack packing rule...No madder how hard it is don't stick a foot out and trip a slack packer as they wiz by unless they giggle then there fare game. I know
there just walkers and not hikers so you just have to let them pass.

Bear bait rule....If you don't get your line over a branch in three tries you can't get mad if people start betting on how many time it will take. The winner gets
to hang his/hers feed sack on your line.

Pee rule....Don't walk up to a hikers tent you know unzip your fly and then pour water from your water bottle on it. When he finally gets up and out he will
hit hard enough to hurt. I do know this one first hand to be true

Trail marking rule....Don't write Trail Magic with a arrow pointing down a blue blaze trail on the ground. I was told that it wasn't funny so its a good rule to
follow. The blue blaze tail was a mile long and they know where it ended.

I know there are more rules but I can't remember them all

rocketsocks
09-27-2014, 23:37
I think the saying hike your on hike is BS. If you see anyone breaking and of these rules you should say HEY THATS AGINST THE RULES.

Rule #1.....Don't climb in your sleeping bag until you pee. I get in zip up and thats when it we hit me. Oh man I forgot to pee. I start by thinking its
not so bad ill just put it out of my head but Its there and won't go away. If I get up everyone will know I broke rule #1. Finally I get up and blame
it on getting old sucks.

Snickers rule....On the third day out do not pull a snickers bar out of your feed sack and say mmm snickers bar Its just wrong on so many levels.

Shoe rule....Don't take your shoe off and stick it under somebodies nose saying you got to smell this. I learned this rule a while back when I climb in my
sleeping bag to that persons sock at the bottom of bag.

Skunk Rule....If you and a skunk see a M&M on the ground at the same time don't try to get to it first It will end badly.

Bear rule....Don't follow a bear around to see if a bear dose poop in the woods. They like there privacy and will use you as TP. If you have never heard of this
before its because who would admit to being used as TP.

3&3 rule....Always carry three dollars and three quarters with you at all times. If you come across a soda machine with no money you will have suicidal
thoughts. Its also good for if you come across some trail magic and you being a good person want to pay it forward.

Slack packing rule...No madder how hard it is don't stick a foot out and trip a slack packer as they wiz by unless they giggle then there fare game. I know
there just walkers and not hikers so you just have to let them pass.

Bear bait rule....If you don't get your line over a branch in three tries you can't get mad if people start betting on how many time it will take. The winner gets
to hang his/hers feed sack on your line.

Pee rule....Don't walk up to a hikers tent you know unzip your fly and then pour water from your water bottle on it. When he finally gets up and out he will
hit hard enough to hurt. I do know this one first hand to be true

Trail marking rule....Don't write Trail Magic with a arrow pointing down a blue blaze trail on the ground. I was told that it wasn't funny so its a good rule to
follow. The blue blaze tail was a mile long and they know where it ended.

I know there are more rules but I can't remember them all
Bravo 28461 love this one, can't to break it...hey "hike your own hike" right? :D

July
09-27-2014, 23:46
Hey... nothing wrong with a tarp with a dip, saggin in the middle full of water and leafs (not Ericson) HYOH.

rocketsocks
09-27-2014, 23:49
Bravo 28461 love this one, can't wait to break it...hey "hike your own hike" right? :Dwait...what happened to my wait...ugh! :o

July
09-27-2014, 23:54
wait...what happened to my wait...ugh! :o
Can't resist :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_Erikson

rocketsocks
09-28-2014, 00:04
Can't resist :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_Erikson
still interesting reading.

July
09-28-2014, 00:18
still interesting reading.
Yep, a sticker for tradition, while the Planet continues to be ReCycled...HYOH

squeezebox
09-28-2014, 07:51
As soon as you pee in the corner of the shelter. Feed the mice. leave trash anywhere, foul a water source, etc. etc
You are no longer hiking your own hike, you are interfering wjth others' hikes.
It's pretty hard to do anything on the trail and not affect other hikers.
Follow the golden rule and play nice.

ChuckT
09-29-2014, 21:07
Slack packers for bear bait?

2015 Lady Thru-Hiker
09-29-2014, 21:17
Bear bait rule....If you don't get your line over a branch in three tries you can't get mad if people start betting on how many time it will take. The winner gets to hang his/hers feed sack on your line.

Would've had some fun with me the other night. Took me about 10 tried but I finally got it.
I think I did alright once I got it up there.28503

jimmyjam
09-30-2014, 08:09
Would've had some fun with me the other night. Took me about 10 tried but I finally got it.
I think I did alright once I got it up there.28503

Looks good from here. I've forgotten to hook my line to the rock sack once and of course did a perfect toss over the limb. lol

Another Kevin
09-30-2014, 13:37
David didn't mean to kill Goliath. He just had my aim with a bear bag. So stand back!

kayak karl
09-30-2014, 13:55
1. don't hang around people that make rules for a vacation :rolleyes: