PDA

View Full Version : fire fork

squeezebox
09-29-2014, 12:30
I was walking thru Dollar store recently, walked past the fly swatters, I stopped and thought that if you pulled the plastic swatter part off and bent the ends to your desire it would make a perfect fire fork for marshmallows, sausages etc.
Burn the paint off the ends first. wt, - 1 oz.

RED-DOG
09-29-2014, 12:33
YES or you could just use a stick found in the woods, cost 0, weight 0.

atraildreamer
09-29-2014, 12:56
Use a wire coat hanger. Use a file to cut the hook off. Straighten the hanger and bend in half and twist the ends together to make the fork end. File the two prong ends to sharpen them a bit. Burn the coating off. Insert hot dog, marshmallows, etc., cook over fire. Enjoy! :)

10-K
09-29-2014, 13:04
I was walking thru Dollar store recently, walked past the fly swatters, I stopped and thought that if you pulled the plastic swatter part off and bent the ends to your desire it would make a perfect fire fork for marshmallows, sausages etc.
Burn the paint off the ends first. wt, - 1 oz.

I can see you sitting under your tarp eating off a fly swatter... :)

.... in the pouring down rain with all your stuff getting wet.

(I hope you think this is funny - I mean it in a haha kinda way!)

rocketsocks
09-29-2014, 13:35
Use a wire coat hanger. Use a file to cut the hook off. Straighten the hanger and bend in half and twist the ends together to make the fork end. File the two prong ends to sharpen them a bit. Burn the coating off. Insert hot dog, marshmallows, etc., cook over fire. Enjoy! :)
...and you can also use it to break into your tent if you lock your zipper pull on the inside.

squeezebox
09-29-2014, 14:49
Well K-10 I could use the swatter part to strain the egg whites out so I can use the yolks to make Bernaise for eggs benedict for Sun. brunch. A bit of champagne and a gay friend to round it out.

atraildreamer
10-04-2014, 14:38
...and you can also use it to break into your tent if you lock your zipper pull on the inside.

This only works if you did not leave the coat hanger in the tent! :mad: :D