PDA

View Full Version : ZPacks Customer Service - Two Thumbs Up

soumodeler
09-29-2014, 22:39
Just some quick praise for ZPacks' customer service. Really exceeded my expectations in every way. Even returning an item was as painless as possible. Very quick replies and no hassle.

T-Rx
09-30-2014, 19:23
Yep. Greatfolks there at ZPacks. I have been very pleased with their equipment and they are very responsive to any questions or issues that arise with their stuff.

July
09-30-2014, 19:28
Same here. Also they have been great with some "special" requests, such as expedited manufat/shipping if I needed item quickly. Two thumbs up...

mattjv89
09-30-2014, 20:27
They really are great, especially on the expedited shipping when the schedule can accommodate it. I recently put in an order for a bathtub groundsheet 2 weeks before a section hike. Let them know about the slightly tight schedule and had it 3 days after ordering.

Coffee
09-30-2014, 20:30
Great service for me as well. They just repaired my Hexamid zipper, no questions asked and no charge.

Andy P
10-05-2014, 16:36
I couldn't agree more. Zpacks gear and customer service are top notch. :)

StealthHikerBoy
05-20-2016, 08:08
I can't say enough good things about ZPacks gear. It is really top notch.

But, on these boards I've seen folks raving about their customer service and I've received terrible service from them a number of times. Took me 3 months to get a stuff sack from them a few years ago ... and 3 emails before they even responded. They got back to me to say they were sorry but they were all out hiking so couldn't get to my order. Bought a great pack from them last year and had a minor issue with it and needed some advice. Again, took them 2 weeks to even respond to my email. And, more recently, I sent them an email asking a really basic question about a very expensive item I am considering buying, and I got back an automated email, which basically said "we're busy and we'll answer your email when we feel like it." It is now a month later and I still haven't received a response. I can contrast this to MLD, whom I have also bought from in the past year. I had a small issue, sent and email in, and within 15 minutes the owner (Ron) emailed me back and cleared it up.

ZPacks stuff is totally worth it - but don't expect good service from them, expect to pay a lot, and to wait a long time. Maybe they are just getting too big to provide good service, but really, having someone watching the email in box is pretty much a requirement if you want a happy customer base, especially if you aren't going to provide a phone number to call in.

chknfngrs
05-20-2016, 08:37
When you're paying as much as they are charging you damn well better get the best customer experience possible. Anything less would be illegal.

greensleep
05-20-2016, 09:18
I can't say enough good things about ZPacks gear. It is really top notch.

But, on these boards I've seen folks raving about their customer service and I've received terrible service from them a number of times. Took me 3 months to get a stuff sack from them a few years ago ... and 3 emails before they even responded. They got back to me to say they were sorry but they were all out hiking so couldn't get to my order. Bought a great pack from them last year and had a minor issue with it and needed some advice. Again, took them 2 weeks to even respond to my email. And, more recently, I sent them an email asking a really basic question about a very expensive item I am considering buying, and I got back an automated email, which basically said "we're busy and we'll answer your email when we feel like it." It is now a month later and I still haven't received a response. I can contrast this to MLD, whom I have also bought from in the past year. I had a small issue, sent and email in, and within 15 minutes the owner (Ron) emailed me back and cleared it up.

ZPacks stuff is totally worth it - but don't expect good service from them, expect to pay a lot, and to wait a long time. Maybe they are just getting too big to provide good service, but really, having someone watching the email in box is pretty much a requirement if you want a happy customer base, especially if you aren't going to provide a phone number to call in.

I've had the opposite experience with ZPacks; always prompt responses, polite, and agreeable. Their returns of repaired equipment have been within the timeline expected of a busy, and as yet, small business. My new gear has always arrived within the time they predicted. Very happy with ZPacks! Worth the $$ if you got em.

DuneElliot
05-20-2016, 10:09
I have experienced the same good service. Yes, I have had the automated email during their busy times but they've always got back to me within a few days.

ZPacks has been great on all fronts, but Enlightened Equipment were even better when I kept changing the options on my quilt...answers within minutes and corrections to my order the same day.

Vegan Packer
05-20-2016, 16:51
I've had the opposite experience with ZPacks; always prompt responses, polite, and agreeable. Their returns of repaired equipment have been within the timeline expected of a busy, and as yet, small business. My new gear has always arrived within the time they predicted. Very happy with ZPacks! Worth the $$ if you got em.

I've now had two separate transactions with them, and I've had topnotch service and responses to any inquiries that I have made. (Actually, in general, I have had nothing but great service and response from all of my cottage industry manufacturers.) I even went to the factory before finalizing my first orders, because I was unsure about some of the things that I wanted to get, and Joe and the gang were welcoming and spent time with me to show me all of my options. My second order was just a bunch of stuff sacks, but I had a question about sizing suggestions on one or two of them, and my email question was again answered in about a day, and I received my order either exactly per what was stated on the web site or maybe a day or two before.

Wil
05-20-2016, 17:19
I have experienced the same good service. Yes, I have had the automated email during their busy times but they've always got back to me within a few days.Zpacks is an excellent company. As far as the poster who had a delay because "they were all out hiking" that's exactly the kind of people I want designing and making my hiking gear and dealing with my needs as a customer. If, every once in awhile, that means waiting a bit, that's fine with me.

Also, emails get lost, misplaced, misfiled, temporarily or forever. Happens. That said, I've had a dozen or so transactions with Zpacks and never had any kind of delay other than their normal stated delivery timeline.