PDA

View Full Version : Locking your tent

saimyoji
10-16-2005, 13:00
How many people lock their tents at night?

TooTall
10-16-2005, 14:06
How many people lock their tents at night?

Why would you do that when anyone with a pocket knife can rip into your tent in about two seconds? Like my convertible I'd rather leave the tent open so they don't damage it. If they want to steal what's inside and I'm not around I really can't stop them.

Big Dawg
10-16-2005, 14:25
how do you lock a tent

saimyoji
10-16-2005, 14:39
I guess I should have posted this in the humor forum. Its a joke. However, most tents have double zippers so you could use a small padlock to prevent people from unzipping it. Perhaps a possible prank to play on a friend?

titanium_hiker
10-16-2005, 15:12
heheh. you would have to be close by though, so they wouldn't resort to damaging the tent. the best security is actually sleeping in the thing.

titanium

Moxie00
10-16-2005, 15:43
My wife and I went to Quebec on our honeymoon. After a week we came back to Maine for a week of tenting and hiking in Acadia National Park. The first day we set out to climb a mountain. About half way up I turned and asked her, "Did you remember to lock the tent?" I will never forget the puzzeled look on her face as she tried to remember if she locked the tent. When she realized she had been taken she promptly struck me with her hiking stick. I recovered and we have been married 40 years.

titanium_hiker
10-16-2005, 16:02
great story moxie!

CynJ
10-16-2005, 16:51
My wife and I went to Quebec on our honeymoon. After a week we came back to Maine for a week of tenting and hiking in Acadia National Park. The first day we set out to climb a mountain. About half way up I turned and asked her, "Did you remember to lock the tent?" I will never forget the puzzeled look on her face as she tried to remember if she locked the tent. When she realized she had been taken she promptly struck me with her hiking stick. I recovered and we have been married 40 years.
lol....that's the sort of thing my husband would do to me......and we've been together 8yrs (married 5) :D

Doctari
10-16-2005, 20:01
When she realized she had been taken she promptly struck me with her hiking stick. I recovered and we have been married 40 years.

LOL. I end a lot of my stories about my wife & I with "and then she hit me, , , I don't know why :p "

BTW, I loved the "How many people lock their tents at night?" joke. My response was "?????????".
I have a Nomad, no door to speak of, or I use a tarp, no door at all, so both are rather hard to lock

Doctari.

The Cheat
10-17-2005, 09:16
...if you carry a sword.

the goat
10-17-2005, 10:26
i've gotta a deadbolt on mine.

weary
10-17-2005, 10:57
Shortly after my wife and I were married 43 years ago this month, she announced she wasn't going to "lower" herself "by sleeping on the ground."

But I've trained her well. We returned last week from a six week, 10,500-mile camping trip through the National Parks of this country and Canada, sleeping most nights in a four-person, five pound, backpacking tent.

Weary

Footslogger
10-17-2005, 11:22
How many people lock their tents at night?====================================
A good NDP with claymores would be more effective.

'Slogger

Mountain Hippie
10-17-2005, 23:47
No I don't lock my tent (I use a hammock) but I have enjoyed locking others in theirs. A small carabiner will do the trick. :D

flyfisher
10-18-2005, 09:46
i've gotta a deadbolt on mine.
How did it die?